Jewish therapist & coach in Toms River, NJ
Esther Gendelman MS, LPC, CPC is a licensed psychotherapist and certified professional coach who specializes in working with relationships. A veteran educator, and speaker, she has a passion for helping people grow and maximize their potential. Close connections make life meaningful; without them, life is dark and lonely. We all deserve to have someone believe in us, advocating and cheering for our success to be all that we can be. A positive, nurturing approach focusing on identifying and building strengths works more successfully than focusing only on the areas of weakness. Personal growth stems from caring, nurturing relationships.
From infancy and throughout our life span, we all need a smile and the feeling that we matter to someone. Without that emotional validation, we shrivel up and die inside even when our physical needs are met. In the absence of loving companionship, no matter what we achieve in life, there is a sense of loneliness.
What if you found gold while on a deserted island? How long would the initial blast of happiness last without being able to share the discovery?
As a veteran educator of elementary through high school students for over twenty-five years, she had the privilege of working with parents, teachers, and students. Successful people developed the capacity to create and sustain healthy and respectful relationships.
In her service as a principal for over ten years, the same truth manifested yet even more starkly. And, in her work as a mental health professional for the last ten years, she observed that peace of mind, optimism, and resilience correlate significantly with secure, loving relationships.
You deserve to feel loved and cherished. Give yourself the gift of transformation.
Frum therapist & coach serving the Jewish community in Toms River, NJ
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Emotionally Focused
- Gottman Method
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Life coaching
- Positive Psychology
- Trauma Focused
- Anger Management
- Family Dynamics
- Mood Disorders
- Religious Identity Issues
- School Issues
- Social Skills
- MS Counseling and Human Services , Indiana University, 2005
- Excellence in Counseling ( graduate award), IUSB faculty, 2005
- Excellence in Jewish education, Grinspoon-Steinhardt , 2005
- Life Coaching completion and hired as mastercoach , Livingston Coaching , 2014
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, ICEEFT board, 2015
- EMDR certified , EMDRIA, 2018
- DBT ( 80 hour training), Dr Charlie Swenson, 2019
- EMDRIA, active member, 2018
- ICEEFT, active member , 2015
- LPC, NJ , MI. , 37PC00694300