skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Profile Photomlove.
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant

I’ll start, can you chime in with more?

… you think of your weeks not as starting on Sunday but on whichever day your session is.

… you hyperventilate when your kids learn to read, because where are you gonna hide all your therapy books?

… you find yourself using words like projection and boundaries and insecure and enmeshed in every random conversation you have.

… you have a cache of mental health memes saved on your phone, and make sure it’s always secured.

… you follow every influencer who has LCSW after their name.

Profile Photo
    if-the-stars-align
    Participant

…You scan the parking lot of the grocery before you shop to make sure you won’t be bumping into said shrink while restocking your fridge

….You spend your week adding stuff to your To Discuss list (and then check off none of those things during the actual session 😉 )

…You spend way too much time on websites like OkClarity 😉

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to if-the-stars-align's post #14621:

Oh my, yes, yes, and yes!!

Awesome ones!🤣

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant
    Topic Author

… you always need some cardis and other layering stuff in your closet to protect you during session.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to if-the-stars-align's post #14621:

Yes, yes!!

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

love these!

….you count down the days to your next therapy session.

….you have a million self help books.

Profile Photo
    if-the-stars-align
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14635:

Ha!! Totally!!

(fave self help book?)

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

In response to if-the-stars-align's post #14636:

Hard to choose a gave but I’m currently reading “Set Boundaries, Find Peace” by Nedra Tawwab and so far loving it.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14638:

fave**

Profile Photo
    perlita
    Participant

I would say I know I want to be in therapy if…

I am downloading mental health apps and buying a ridiculous amount of self help books saying THIS is the answer.

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant
    Topic Author

Perlita, this so resonates!

I’m forever searching in books for that answer that will finally relieve me of this unrelenting ache.

It’s so hard to face that the work is so, so slow and so hard and there’s no way around it. <3

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant

these are all so so relatable and I feel so much less alone! Wow.

… You wrote down a whole list of things to discuss and then in session are too into one topic to go through half the things

…You wait all week for your session and then when it’s over you want to go back and wait all over again

…You keep checking your texts to see if your therapist messaged you by any chance

… Every day that passes by is another day closer to your next session

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant
    Topic Author

mlove, these are painfully awesome!

…you have a million things to discuss with your therapist, and when finally in session you draw a blank and nothing seems worthy of discussion, so you just sit and while away the therapy hour with a staring contest.

Profile Photo
    hs1d
    Participant

… you feel a Current of excitement rip thru your body, when you envision your safe space aka the therapy room

anything happens, (good, bad,) and the first person you think of telling, is your therapist….

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant

Yes!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!