skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    SometimesConfused
    Participant

Help. I’ve been traumatized. It happened way back when I was a young girl. But my brain only now absorbed it and defined it as a traumatic experience. And whats more, It has come to my awareness that I also have attachment issues. Surprise! Oops, I’m in shidduchim. Okayyy, so…what’s my plan? Where do I go? Who do I turn to? I can feel the pain of the past welling up in the deep hole I dug for myself inside. I tried to cover it up and numb the memories, to start fresh. But I can’t seem to be able to JUST LIVE. I have physical aches and pains from the emotional weight I’ve been holding onto for so long. And no one knows. It makes it all the more difficult to process when I begin to realize how many people I’ve adversely affected due to my own issues. So, I’m feeling a mixture of guilt, confusion, neglect, lots of deep hurt, and also some depression that comes from the need to numb everything when it becomes too much for me. Now, I found this forum and I’m hoping upon hope that, finally, maybe something good will come out of this. Im making the effort to figure it out, so I’m asking Gd to please make this some sort of breakthrough. Thanks for listening. ✌

Thank you for reaching out! I am so glad you found OKclarity!

It sounds like you’ve been through a lot and while it may feel like you are starting from ground zero, the insight and awareness that your post reflects is proof that you are already many steps into your healing journey.

So, please…

Don’t – freak out.

Do- access professional help to continue uncovering whatever it is you’re numbing and begin your true healing process.

Remember: Life may not get easier, but it will and does get better.

I am rooting for you!

Profile Photo
    SometimesConfused
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Fay Brezel's post #12535:

thank you for your response and support! Looking into getting help.

🙂

Hey I’m sorry to hear this. I find this very relatable. I went through a rough childhood and it definitely effected me. I’m also in shidduchim and realize I’m codependent on my mom and sister who went through the hard times with me. It’s good you realize this because the first step to any change is awareness. Life is downs, ups and downs. It’s just part of it. I top carry pain in my body and it causes me migraines when the stress gets too much. It’s important to find healthy outlets to get out some of the pent up emotions like I like drawing, Journaling, talking to ppl and getting perspective, and sometimes ripping a paper. Also working out is really good. And allowing yourself to cry is good too. Loving yourself for who you are and how far you’ve come is also really important.

Much hatzlacha!!

Profile Photo
    SometimesConfused
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to PhilosophicalTzadik's post #12584:

Thank you for your response! It really helps to hear that someone can relate to this- it helps me feel like I’m not alone and other people are fighting through similar struggles. Thanks for your advice! May you have hatzlacha with everything too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!