skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

I feel like it’s a silly question but to me it’s big. My therapist charges an arm and a leg (pretty much my entire paycheck) but when I’m there she many times repeats herself many times over even after I get the message. I feel like she doesn’t respect my money! Any advice?

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I had a therapist who did this. You need to get a new one. A therapist should fit like a glove. There are so many therapists and if you feel that yours isn’t good for you, find a new one.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow. Therapy is quite expensive and it is hard when we feel ourselves checking in to see if we are “getting our money’s worth.

I would ask: do you like your therapist? Do you connect with her? Do you feel very safe with her?

If you do like /connect well with her I would have an open conversation about it and say that you feel that sometimes it seems like there’s some repetition happening and share instead what you would like it to look like. An honest conversation about the relationship can do great things, If you feel safe with her and you guys are a good match.

Wishing you loads of luck❤️

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I can definitely relate to the entire paycheck!! It makes it that much harder to justify the “venting sessions” that are so necessary but feel like a waste when it’s $250 for the venting….and I can imagine it’s frustrating to have therapist repeat things so many times. Maybe they feel the message isn’t being internalized?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Find a new therapist..

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

You need to discuss this with her.
    Bring up the fact that you feel she is repeating herself, and ask her if there is any message that she is trying to communicate that you have not understood.
    It’s always helpful to be on the same page.
    You should definitely feel comfortable discussing the type of things with your therapist.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Your supposed to be able to say anything to a therpist with no judgment. What if you brought this up to her tell her how you feel?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I would try bringing it up with the therapist. Iv had it in the past when Iv said k, I get it now. If your therapist doesn’t get that then i would say start hunting for a new one. Good luck.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Find a new therapist. They are for your benefit, not for theirs.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

I would first explore the above questions (do you feel safe…) and really have an open and honest conversation with her. Tell her what bothers you – after all, you’re paying for it – and see how she reacts.

then ask yourself if you feel you could work with her? Could you look past that or it won’t work?

this is definitely very frustrating but I hope these suggestions give you some clarity.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Best Complement for a therapist (a professional one..) is when the client is able to be open and share anything that bothers about this therapy relationship etc.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If you feel you can have an honest conversation then ask her, if you don’t then leave:)

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Different styles work for some and not for others. I was in the same situation for a while and did bring it up with the therapist who was actually able to adapt. Not saying all can, but it is definitely okay to bring up. A side note, the same way I felt so frustrated and unable to learn like this, my sister needed exactly that, when things are not repeated (usually 3 times) it is as if they were never said, so chances are the therapist assumes that’s what you need/want, and believe it or not, they cannot read your mind, you gotta let them know?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’ve had this as well, I really respected my therapist tho, and then I realized like what was discussed a little while ago that you can’t want your therapist to like you.
    If you’re trying to please them because you like them or whatever reason they’re not your therapist anymore.
    It might still feel like a safe space but they’re more like a mentor.
    I say you should tell your therapist how you feel, if you can’t then even though they might be good people they’re still not doing the job you need from them.
    (Although if you’re going just to vent maybe you can explain that you don’t need solutions right now, they may be repeating themselves because they feel they aren’t getting heard but in reality you don’t want what they’re offering)
    Hatzlacha!!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I dont have any advice but i can definitely relate at times.
    I am looking forward to reading all the responses people give from their own expirences and to apply it to my situation!

Thank you so much!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!