skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    SensitiveParent
    Participant

Hi,

I’m wondering if you can help me as I’m dealing with a big degree of uncertainty in my life now, and it is taking over. I am BH pregnant after a difficult loss. I went to the dr for a 12 wk ultrasound and may have the same issue once again. We have to wait another two weeks and see on the next ultrasound. The wait and the uncertainty is agonizing. I have had anxiety in the past which is BH pretty much under control. But this concern and uncertainty is eating me up and getting in my way of functioning. Do you have any suggestions for my situation, and to make this relevant to all your followers, suggestions for times in our life when there is uncertainty about major life issues where we won’t have answers for longer periods of time?

Thank you OKClarity for all that you do!!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi, @SensitiveParent,

This is so hard, and I’m also really sorry for your loss. It must be incredibly painful, and especially now to go through it again.

Uncertainty is so difficult to grapple with and deal with because we just want to know! I struggle with dealing with uncertainty and definitely know the feeling! It eats up at you, and doesn’t give you much rest. It’s so hard!

However, I’m thinking that maybe you could distract yourself and get involved in meaningful pursuits? Maybe take on a hobby or do something to take your mind off of it. Also, using spirituality and davening to Hashem to help you navigate the uncertainty can be very therapeutic, though it’s not for everyone.

Do you think that either of those things can work or be somewhat helpful?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Although I’m not the one in question, I have to say that your answers, Michali and Fay, were spot-on! I loved and really appreciated how you brought Jewish religion in and how you said that she can make these 2 weeks special.

Profile Photo
    PioneeringPoet
    Participant

Hello,

i just wanted to reach out and offer my sincerest empathy. I went through a similar situation- I had an adverse outcome with a pregnancy with plenty of trauma and loss. When I was finally able to move and got pregnant again, that pregnancy began to show similar signs of the previous one. As you can imagine, it was extremely difficult and we went through a wait of 6-8 weeks until we had answers. Making it through the day was a huge struggle. What helped was reminding myself to just stay in the moment, whatever will be, will be. Again and again. I davened for the outcome I was hoping for knowing there were no guarantees. However you do this, you’re a hero just for making it through the day. May you have a smooth and uneventful pregnancy and a beautiful healthy outcome. Hugs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!