skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    okidoki
    Participant

Hi there.

I am so stressed out right now. I had a session with my therapist this Tuesday, and suddenly yesterday my mother asked me if my therapist had called me because she asked my mother to come in to see her for 30 minutes,  and my mother told her to lmk so im not nervous about the whole thing. My therapist never called me, and the appointment is today for her and my mother.  I don’t understand what this is all about and why I wasnt told about it. I’m extra nervous because for the past 2 sessions with my therapist I really tried to be open and not hold back when asked questions even though it was really difficult for me. I get nervous she will discuss things I’ve spoken about with my mother. I trust her not to, but then I’m just confused what this is all about. I haven’t told her anything that would require her to pass on. I just feel like things are happening behind my back. I feel really close to my therapist but this is just making me feel so confused,  why I wasnt told about this and explained what the reason is.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Wow – this sounds very hard and I’m really sorry you’re experiencing these hard, distressing feelings.

Hmm, maybe you can talk to your therapist about this and communicate to her how you feel? I feel and believe that communication is key and so important. Maybe she saw something you didn’t see, and she felt it was important for safety reasons.

This is all speculation, so there could very well be something else going on, but perhaps try to use a healthy distract and/or self soothing skill, and have an open conversation with your therapist, explaining how you feel.

I truly hope everything goes smoothly and that you feel a little less distressed. Keep us posted! 🙂

Profile Photo
    okidoki
    Participant
    Topic Author

I fould out more about what happened, but I’m still very upset. Before pesach my mother had asked my therapist if they can touch base, and she meant money wise. Then a few weeks later which was this situation, she asked my mother to come in. She thought my mother wanted to have a meeting. I understand that she wanted to call me to let me know but had some emergency and couldn’t.  Yet it still bothers me because I feel if my mother asked her to touch base about a month ago, waiting one extra week until we can discuss it wouldn’t have been a big deal.

Profile Photo
    Malkahroo
    Participant

I agree with you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!