skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been sweating a LOT, even if the AC is on. I’ll feeling cooler now because it’s windy outside, but when it’s hot and I’m anxious and my clothes feel tight (I think I’m a little sensory), it gets even worse. It’s torture. Earlier today I was doing laundry, but the AC was on, but probably not so high and I was sweating!!!

I just walked around my block and I felt my body weight acutely (I’m really try to watch myself). I heard that there’s a condition that could be making me sweat so much, in addition to my anxiety. And I really want to see my doctor and get it checked out. But until that happens, what can I do to bear the heat and excessive sweat? I’m trying to wear thin clothes, but I have approximately 3 shirts like that, but I ordered more clothes. So, I think I’m doing all the right things, but my emotional distress when I’m hot and sweating makes me it almost barely functioning.

I think that a big part of my preoccupation and rumination about it. But… ya, what can I do? (I do plan on discussing this with my therapist)

thanks

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

I just wanted to add that I’m knowledgeable in DBT skills, but am finding it very hard to put into practice now. So if anyone knows DBT and can apply it here, I’d love to read it. But I would appreciate all advice!

Profile Photo
    Rivkah Kaufman
    Participant

Hi There- I’m so sorry you’re going through this- profuse sweating is very uncomfortable. I would see what the doctor says, but it might also help to see a dermatologist who might be able to prescribe medical Botox in your armpits. Here’s a link that explains the use of Botox for a condition called hyperhydrosis, or excessive sweating. I hope this helps!

https://thompsontee.com/blog/botox-for-hyperhidrosis/#first

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you!!

So my doctor didn’t think it was that. She just told me that I need to lose weight, which is true. But hopefully, when she’s back, I’ll get a blood test and test for that.

Profile Photo
    Rivkah Kaufman
    Participant

Good luck!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Rivkah Kaufman's post #9496:

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that you give of your valuable time to us here at okclarity!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!