skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    okidoki
    Participant

How do I support a good friend of mine who recently started drinking and drugs. She left town for a few months to a program and unfortunately got kicked out of the program because of certain negative behaviors that she started engaging in. So she is coming back to town soon and I’m not sure how to support her since we are friends, but also not drag myself down when she talks about the negative behaviors that she is engaging in. It scares me since I had family members who struggled and continues to struggle with their mental health. I just want to make sure I can keep proper boundaries with this friend of mine.

Hey okidoki,

This is such a tough situation that I can unfortunately relate to. Try to listen and support them by being a shoulder to lean on, but make sure you take care of your own mental health too and put firm boundaries in place. Maybe consider gently encouraging your friend to join a 12-step program in your community.

Best wishes to you both!

-Robin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!