skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    anonymous
    Participant

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can share any tips that helps them stay upbeat when there spouse is depressed, and how not to allow my happiness to rely on him being happy.

Wishing you all a truly happy Purim

Profile Photo
    RENEE Traube
    Participant

Living with a spouse who is depressed is difficult and can strain a relationship. Living with a spouse who is often unhappy and negative isn’t easy. Often, approaching your spouse by saying, “I care about you and I hate watching you suffer” will allow the space needed to consider getting help. Encourage your spouse to talk about the way he is feeling, and listen without judgment. In the meantime, consider turning to a trusted friend or therapist for the emotional support you need. Find ways to your own happiness– this will often “rub off” on your spouse.

Profile Photo
    anonymous
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to RENEE Traube's post #6612:

Thank you,

Just to clarify I am in therapy , and my spouse has been ,and  is now trying to find new one for himself .

Profile Photo
    RENEE Traube
    Participant

Happy to  hear you are taking care of yourself! It is so important to be supported when going through tough times.  You are so  much more able to give when your own “tank is full”!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!