skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant

Hi,

Are there any supports or organizations for siblings of those struggling with yiddishkeit/religion?

any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Profile Photo
    cftm
    Participant

Try contacting keshernafshi@gmail.com and see if they know, (their website is keshernafshi.org/ )

I would also recommend you watch videos from their shabbatons https://www.torahanytime.com/#/post?id=40415 (they’ll also help you understand what your sibling is going through)

On YouTube or podcast apps, I recommend you search for avi fishoff, (all his videos/podcasts are great and so validating and they also help family members understand what the person struggling with yiddishkeit is going through – he has few videos about the siblings, so maybe search “avi fishoff siblings”)

From someone in the same boat

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

thank you cftm for your reply, I’ll look into that! It’s interesting cuz you would think it’s a common need in the community, but there doesn’t seem to be much out there.

Profile Photo
    Connected21
    Participant

There is a lot of support  in this area look up Avi Fishoff , you can find him on You Tube or his podcast Twisted Parenting, he gives tons of advise for siblings of KIPS ( kids in pain) he calls them SKIPS ( siblings of kids in pain ) he does a lot of training for parents in this area.

And of course Kesher Nafshi a support organization for parents who have struggling kids ,  founded by parents , therapist and Rabbonim who are going through the same challenge .

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

thank you!

Profile Photo
    lifesgood
    Participant

Hey I’ve watched and listened to some of those podcasts/ videos you recommended and they have been extremely helpful.

I want to put together a support group for siblings of ppl struggling with yiddishkeit because I believe that the support of someone else going through something similar to you is incredibly validating, powerful and helpful.

I’m thinking of a WhatsApp chat to talk, vent etc and to also meet up and be able to share in person and have a good time. Let me know if this is something you’d like to join and we’ll go for it!

I’m looking forward and know it will be beneficial and so helpful!

I’m thinking of you and really feeling with you in your pain through this challenge.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to lifesgood's post #14924:

Wow! Kudos to you for stepping up and initiating this, @lifesgood!

Profile Photo
    lifesgood
    Participant

In response to Chavy's post #14925:

Thank you! Hoping it will be beneficial and supportive!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to lifesgood's post #14926:

I’m sure it will be 🙂

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to lifesgood's post #14924:

yes it’s so true, I think a support group/chat would be very beneficial. It makes such a difference when one is able to share and reflect with others going through something similar.  I happen not to be on whatsapp, but I would love to join such a thing.

Profile Photo
    lifesgood
    Participant

In response to ec00's post #14928:

we can do it on group me and it will be through texting, would that work?

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

oh thats a good idea, and I would love if there could be a seperate men’s and women’s chat

Profile Photo
    lifesgood
    Participant

Yes I agree, can I ask if you’re male or female?

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

female

Profile Photo
    lifesgood
    Participant

Same here, so I would start off by making a female group and if there’s a want for a male group I can create it but wouldn’t participate.. let’s see if anyone else joins here or you can feel free to spread the word but in the meantime I’m happy to create it for us😊

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!