skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Rebeccabee
    Participant

Hi,

How do you go about finding a shadchan for someone with sensitive issues like addiction/OCD which is now under control with meds and years of therapy? Its not something you’d wanna disclose to just anyone…

Thanks for any leads/advice.

Rebecca

Hey there, I’d love to help, I am just not so clear on what your question is. Are you looking for leads of shadchanim who specialize with individuals with mental health challenges? Are you looking for advice on how to navigate communicating with a shadchan if you don’t want to share your mental health background from the outset? Or, are you asking for something else? Please see if you can embellish/clarify your question so myself and others can chime in…

Until soon, Fay

Profile Photo
    Rebeccabee
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi Fay, yes mostly leads for shadchanim, I know it’s a mental health issue but I’m talking about sensitive issues. Not sure if any shadchanim deal with those. Thanks!

OK so to clarify, you are simply looking for leads of general matchmakers? Or are you specifically looking for ones who deal with mental health etc?

Profile Photo
    Rebeccabee
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi, its specifically for someone who has an addiction but it’s under control. It’s a sensitive issue so needs a shadchan who deals with cases like this…

OK sure. I reached out to my network and found this information.

Shoshana Mounessa

(718) 644-2756

shoshjo@yahoo.com

Confidential shadchan dealing with Emotional, Medical, Physical and/or Social concerns. Ages 20-late 40’s.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

You beat me to it, Fay! I was just going to post that 🙂

Profile Photo
    Rebeccabee
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thanks both! I am looking for someone who is dealing specifically also with the chasidishe oilem. I can email and ask but since I see it’s only from 20, I assume it’s not chasidish ?

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

Maybe you can find someone here. I see many chassidish sounding names…

https://www.beineinu.org/special-needs/special-needs-shidduchim/641-shadchanim/2933-special-needs-shadchanim-usa

Hatzlacha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!