skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What’s the difference between these 2 trendy phrases?

Self-esteem refers to how you feel about yourself overall; how much esteem, positive regard or self-love you have. Self-esteem is developed from positive and/or negative experiences and situations that have shaped how you view yourself today.

Self-confidence is how you feel about your abilities in specific situations and can therefore vary from situation to situation.

It’s natural to have a healthy self esteem and have low confidence regarding specific areas e.g. math abilities. Vice versa, it is possible to have self confidence and struggle with low self esteem. Often times however, low self esteem makes it difficult for individuals to feel confident about things they do really well.

When you love yourself, your self-esteem improves, which makes you more confident. When you are confident in areas of your life, you begin to increase your overall sense of esteem. The two concepts work in tandem and you can work on both at the same time.

This is your space to share your struggles with self esteem and self confidence as you continue to personally develop.

Profile Photo
    dailytea.d
    Participant

Hey I know it’s hard being in a world where your self – Esteem and self – Confidence is weather damaged or low however I made a video explaining how to deal with all this.

Profile Photo
    affirmlivre
    Participant

Much obliged for sharing this theme. I was as of late wound up in a tough situation and can’t really accept that I could simply do this. However, the outlandish thing was made valid by having Self-Esteem Affirmations. It includes an assortment of convictions about yourself, for example, the evaluation of your own appearance, convictions, feelings, and practices. Confidence incorporates convictions about oneself (for instance, “I am disliked”, “I am commendable”) just as enthusiastic states, for example, win, misery, pride, and disgrace. Equivalents or close equivalents of confidence incorporate numerous things: self-esteem, self-respect, dignity, and self-honesty.

Profile Photo
    moshe
    Participant

if I feel like I should work on both,

which should I start with in order to strengthen both at the same time?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

It’s a good question.. Maybe self-esteem since that involves an overall view of yourself. I’m not sure myself.

Profile Photo
    moshe
    Participant

Thank you @chavy

Profile Photo
    Yeshaya Kraus
    Participant

In response to moshe's post #10442:

Very often, working on one will have an impact on the other. Makes sense to work on whichever is the low-hanging fruit, and take it from there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!