skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant

I actually read the book “Codependent No More” a great read and very informative. It made me feel less alone in my struggles. So many people are doing unhealthy things without understanding the reasons behind it. Being aware of what causes us to behave in a certain way makes it less painful.

Profile Photo
    Banana
    Participant

I actually read the book “Codependent No More” a great read and very informative. It made me feel less alone in my struggles. So many people are doing unhealthy things without understanding the reasons behind it. Being aware of what causes us to behave in a certain way makes it less painful.

+1, And is the first step in making changes to changing those unhealthy behaviors

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to avacad0's post #5303:

This sounds like a great and informative book. I would love to read it, but my only concern is the length. Is it a long book or more of a short book?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

And, @Fernweis, your daughter IS lucky to have you as such a caring and empathetic mother in her life! I hope she’s doing better.

Profile Photo
    Banana
    Participant

In response to avacad0’s post #5303:

This sounds like a great and informative book. I would love to read it, but my only concern is the length. Is it a long book or more of a short book?

Its actually quite long unfortunately but I’m nowhere close to done it and have already gained so much that I felt the need to recommend it. I listen in the car or whenever I have a few minutes to out in headphones and relax with it. It’s part of my self care package 🙂

And, @fernweis, your daughter IS lucky to have you as such a caring and empathetic mother in her life! I hope she’s doing better.

I hope so too! Hope she’s getting our replies!

Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant

I read the book once, a while ago, and I actually feel ready to reread it. I find these self help books (which by the way should not be in place of therapy when needed) are so amazing. I would say it has levels of understanding, depending where you are holding emotionally in life. The first time I read it I found myself in the book but on a surface level. I feel when I will read it now it will be on a much deeper level of understanding. And probably down the road when I will read it yet a third time it will have an even deeper meaning.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!