skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: Yisroel

Hey everybody! For sexual addiction I have found Guard Your Eyes (“GYE”) to be extremely helpful.

For those men out there struggling with unwanted SSA (Same Sex Attraction), Brothers Road (formerly known as Journey Into Manhood) is an incredible (though not strictly Jewish) resource, and their 2.5 day seminar was life changing for me.

There is a Jewish organization called JONAH that focuses on the same issues, but I don’t have first-hand experience with it.

All the Best!

P.S. For professionals out there JNARS (the Jewish Network for Addiction Recovery and Support, run by Rabbi Avi Tenenbaum CASAC [contact avi@jnars.org] ) is another great resource. As of now it is mainly an email list consisting of several hundred Jewish addiction professionals from around the world collaborating, sharing cutting-edge research and resources, and networking. They will soon also have resources on their website (coming soon) for folks in recovery.

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: Wizard

Hi Yisroel, thank you so mcuh for sharing these resources. I had a friend who struggled with SSA would you say that brothers road is a resource that i can share with him if he is religious?

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: Yisroel

You’re welcome!
    Brothers Road is definitely religious-friendly, and in fact they’ve been hosting seminars in Israel for some years now comprised almost entirely of religious and even right-wing Chareidi Jews, with many religious Jewish staff members, food with the most machmir hechsheirim, etc. There is also nothing “ideological” or “hashkafic” about what they do; it’s simply normative psychology presented in a format that offers an explanation as to the origins of SSA and how it can be effectively dealt with. On principle they do not try to influence anybody religiously in any way, so you’ll find Chareidi Jews alongside religious Christians, Mormans, and self-proclaimed atheists wth the greatest harmony and mutual respect. Most of the people I know who’ve attended or staffed these workshops are actually Chareidi yeshiva bachurim, avreichim, and even Rabbanim.

I’d definitely recommend one of the Israel workshops to him, but even a non-Israel one is fine in my opinion.

Hope it’s all good with your friend,
    Peace

P.S. Your username is funky.

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

Originally posted by: Wizard

Wow, thank you so much for this info. There is so much out there that i didnt now about….I will pass info onto my friend, hope to get him on this forum as well.
    Glad you like my username, I’m fond of it too 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!