skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    EpicGem
    Participant

Do you think it’s wrong to get into a relationship knowing that you’re going to need a lot of emotional support and while working through a lot of trauma etc. If the other person doesn’t have that need they will need to be gaining from the relationship in a different way which can be unhealthy? Might this lead to a codependent relationship?

Profile Photo
    batsheva86
    Participant

I would think it depends on the severity and current skills you have.

I think exploring the specific potential issues and seeing if you can learn skills with a mental health professional on how to avoid any of the concerns

Remember that you don’t need to rush the process of getting into a relationship. There is nothing wrong and everything right with going at your own pace.

Profile Photo
    cnjourney
    Participant

I definitely hear your concern. It definitely depends on the person and where you are holding. However, relationships are healing so it may just be the conduit you need.  Of course, you need to be sure the person whom you are getting into a relationship with is healthy enough as well. Overall, I think if your aware that you need the support and you are willing to get it, then that is a great mindset and setup to prepare you and support you through that relationship.

Profile Photo
    Chaya Danziger
    Participant

It sounds like you want to develop a relationship with someone, yet you are concerned about the relationship remaining healthy. Even if past trauma has been buried within the deep recesses of our brain, it can resurface and create havoc in our minds. Exploring interventions such as EMDR or IFS with a qualified professional can unlock the emotions from the past, help you heal properly from the trauma, and develop healthy relationships going forward.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!