skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Profile Photomlove.
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

How do I not make myself be emotionally dependent to therapy and my therapist? I feel very attached and dependent to my therapist. When we can’t meet one week, it’s like the end of the world for me and it’s extremely hard for me, but I don’t want it to be like that. It feels like I can’t live without my therapist. I want to be able to be ok when we can’t meet sometimes and not feel so attached to her. I want to be able to be ok on my own but still knowing that she’s there for me. How do I do this and change the way I feel?

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant

I feel like you took the words out of my mouth. I literally feel the exact same way about my therapist. One week she wasn’t there, and I found myself crying. I as well feel so dependent on my therapist. (And now that we have no more scheduled sessions (because it went through the school year as I went in school)  it’s even harder because I just schedule with her when I feel like I need to) so I totally totally understand you and would love if others can give tips as well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!