skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Openminded
    Participant

Could emotional neglect trauma and avoidance attatchment styles cause rocd and would love to know if anyone else suffers from it and how they deal with it

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

I experience it that way. There is the void from the emotional neglect, the fantasy of someone filling it, the obsessions about the relationship with that someone which acts to fill the hole, compulsions making sure the relationship is still there, shoe isn’t dropping…

Profile Photo
    Openminded
    Participant
    Topic Author

What is the therapy for emotional neglect?.also thanx for expressing that you have it means alot

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

Hi openminded,

I’m not a therapist but I will share what I know from experiences. The therapy for emotional neglect is seeing a therapist who is trauma informed where hopefully he/she will help you process what your childhood was like and how the emotional neglect affected you. Also going to a therapist who uses IFS (internal family systems) can be helpful. With the help of the therapist you can talk to the younger parts of yourself who felt neglected, not heard, cared for etc and give them what they didn’t get by being their loving parent. It’s hard work but really transformative.
    Good luck!

Profile Photo
    Openminded
    Participant
    Topic Author

Just wondering working with therapist and he tells me how special my wife is for living with me and accepting me with all my emotional struggles just wondering could that be a problem with regards to rocd and reasurrances

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!