skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well. I don’t really have a specific topic in mind, other than adjusting back to real life after Pesach, but I’m compelled to write bc I’m really wondering why the forum seems to be so quiet for the last few weeks. I’m only pointing it out bc I really enjoy seeing new threads and really get support. I don’t mean to pressure anyone to write or post. I really hope everyone is doing well and I’m looking forward to hearing back ?

Profile Photo
    Suave
    Admin

Hi All, … I don’t mean to pressure anyone to write or post. …

OK, I’ll start by reposting what I posted on facebook Erev Pesach (this may pose a hazard to my anonymity, but I don’t care 🙂 )

My life began 32 years ago at a Communist prison camp in Soviet Russia. My father was imprisoned there for courageously defying the oppressive regime by practicing Judaism & spreading the divine light. Just recently he was ceremoniously awarded a medal of courage at the Kremlin in recognition of his sacrifices. This made me realize that I have been taking my freedom for granted for too long.

While I have been living a life of physical freedom, traveling the world, affording myself luxuries that others can only dream about. My forefathers have been brutally tortured & mercilessly killed in pursuit of the very same liberties I experience daily. I have always been aware & appreciative of the fact that I am unrestrained and am blessed to openly & freely live as a G-d loving Jew. But I have come to realize that this freedom was just an illusion, after all I am still a shackled slave.

“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.”
    ~Bob Marley from “Redemption Song”

My mission now is to truly liberate myself from self imposed limitations, to free my mind, soul & heart. I need to recognize & acknowledge that I am imprisoned in a state of unconscious bondage. Rebbe Nachman of Breslov said “The Exodus from Egypt occurs in every human being, in every era, in every year, and in every day.” I want to tap into this continuous state of liberation, because with G-d as my partner, I can be my own liberator. I want to free myself from judgement, from prejudice. I want to free myself from addictions. I want to go from darkness to light. Only then can I draw closer to the infinite light & roll out the red carpet for the ultimate redeemer.

On Pesach, we celebrate the greatest series of miracles ever experienced in history. We need to recognize that we are the the sole survivors of thousands of years of captivity, persecution, death & destruction. It is our duty to honor the fallen by rising to great heights.

True freedom is the ability to create your own reality rather than just following the world’s perception of reality like blind sheep. As free men, as the king’s children, we have the power to shape our future as individuals and to define our destiny as a strong & united tribe.

Emancipate yourselves from slavery to materialism, be it Starbucks, Marlboro, Netflix or Hermes. Free yourselves from senseless bondage to the dark force that masquerades itself in common objects like iPhones, junk food or fancy cars.

Be like Moses, liberate yourselves so you can be the cause of our final redemption.

May you be blessed with a beautiful, peaceful, cleansing & liberating Chag. Next year in Jerusalem!

That’s a beautifully written piece @Suave – eloquently expressed!

Especially love the notion of liberating yourself!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi!

How is everyone doing? It’s been quiet here.

I’d love to hear from everyone!

Profile Photo
    Suave
    Admin

In response to Chavy's post #7273:

I’m around, working on improving OKclarity nearly every day – I wonder how many of you actually notice the changes…

@chavy
    we need to get you an avatar – the “c” is starting to get to me. Got any ideas? i’ll gladly make a custom one for you.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Suave's post #7277:

I haven’t noticed the changes you made. I’m sorry 🙁 Do you want to tell us what they are?

Also, what’s an Avatar?

P.S. thank you for chiming in!

Profile Photo
    Suave
    Admin

In response to Chavy's post #7298:

1. Improved the directory
    2. fixed the homepage up a bit
    3. the rest you will have to find yourself 🙂

An avatar is basically your profile pic – see my smiley?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Suave's post #7299:

The Directory does look nice! Do I need a picture?

Profile Photo
    Suave
    Admin

In response to Chavy's post #7300:

Thank you.
    You don’t need one, It’s just that as an active member, your posts will stand out more and make it easier for others to see your content.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!