skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

I’m always feeling nervous and my heart beats so fast that I can feel it and hear it. Even in the middle of the night, I wake up all of a sudden with my heart racing and pounding or wake up in the morning feeling nervous. It’s so exhausting. I try to do many things to help myself like meditations, mindfulness, yoga, reading emuna books etc. but I just don’t see it changing. (I’ve been like this for a few years) No matter what I do, I can’t control the physical symptoms. It’s so hard to feel like this. I know Hashem is in control of everything and he’s taking care of me and guiding me every step of the way, but I still feel like this. I feel like I don’t have control over it. Does anybody struggle with the same thing?

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

That sounds excruciating. I’m not a therapist but the few things that come to mind are somatic experiencing therapy, trauma therapy, medication.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thanks @climber. What’s somatic experiencing therapy? Have you done it?

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

Somatic Experiencing is a body-centered approach to treating PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) that, rather than focusing only on thoughts or emotions associated with a traumatic event, expands to include the natural bodily (somatic) responses.”

Somatic Experiencing: A Body-Centered Approach to Treating PTSD

I just started and it is very helpful

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

@Zipa Leah Scheinberg will probably be more helpful in explaining the process and benefits.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Cool, thank you @climber.

Thanks, Climber! I can certainly try….

Somatic therapy is a type of therapy that can aid you in becoming more aware of your nervous system and helps you learn to feel attuned and safe inside your body. It aims to help you regain control over your emotions by helping you be in touch with, understand and release triggers, fears, and negative beliefs.  It can also help with (but are not limited to!):

– uncovering and remembering what is beautiful and whole about yourself
    – helping you listen to the real wisdom of your body
    – make meaning of your automatic brain and body reactions
    – respond more flexibly when you feel triggered, or frozen, or feel another trauma response
    -feel greater compassion and self-love and release shame/toxicity

Two different resources to look up are Pat Ogden and Peter Levine. Their work is embraced by many practitioners all over the world.

Hatzlacha!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!