skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile Photo
    manonymous123
    Participant

I’m really glad someone brought this up…

I have anxiety and now this year  was diagnosed with major depression. I’ve had to come home from seminary early, and am not doing very well. A lot of my depression stems from the fact that I came home, and am not doing what the rest of my age is doing being in seminary this year. This feeling of inadequacy and feeling abnormal has basically just plunged me deeper and deeper into depression. I won’t be dating anytime soon (like my other friends) and sometimes it seems like I’ll never get to move on to the next stage of my life. I also am worried no one will ever consider me a suitable match IF I somehow manage to become stable…

I’m sorry for all the rambling, my real question is has anyone been through major major depression or any other really really hard time (not getting out of bed etc) and been able to rise up and live a stable life? I need some hope. Some proof I guess.

(I know this will likely be apart of me for the rest of my life, but right now the thought of being able to function day-day and have a family doesn’t seem possible to me. (I’m not suicidal) Im just kind of stuck in a limbo…)

Profile Photo
    okidoki
    Participant

I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds so difficult and I can’t even pretend to understand what you are going through. Feeling different than what those your age are doing can feel very isolating. I bh have never been through an experience like this of my own. But I can tell you a bit from watching siblings of mine struggle with depression. I had a sibling of mine who was severely depressed and would not leave her bed for months and months other than to use the restroom and eat. She was suicidal and ended up spending almost 2 years in the hospital. Today I look at her and she is a different person. She gets up, goes to work, dresses nicely, and is in the parsha of shidduchim. There is hope for you. You just have to have the right support and hopefully things will take a turn for the better. It doesnt take one day, but it is possible. Good luck to you.

Profile Photo
    Balance123
    Participant

“I’ve had to come home from seminary early, and am not doing very well. A lot of my depression stems from the fact that I came home, and am not doing what the rest of my age i”

As someone who came home from seminary for an extended period of time.i van very much relate.to that feelng. By now, it was a few years ago and thank God I am in so much of a better place now. Everybody’s lives are messed up in some way and everyone has some sort of Skelton in their closet- good for you for dealing with them now and not waiting till you get married thinking itll fix you. Feeling different sucks and was and is something I have to work on constantly to be okay with. Yes, I am at a different stage at times then my friends but it doesn’t mean that they will get married before me just because I am not in “shidduchim” and they are. God has a plan for us all.

It’s hard to watch everyone around us “move on” as we stay behind to work on skills that will help us for a lifetime.

That was kinda a ramble, I hope something there can help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!