skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile Photo
    justsomeone
    Participant

Hi, this is my first time writing here, I just feel at a total loss. My therapist told me two weeks ago that she is pregnant and that she will be taking leave right after pesach… I’m just really worried all the time if she’s doing ok and what’s going to be when she leaves… I’ve tried telling her how I’m feeling, but my body just shuts down and whatever she’s trying to do ground me is just not working as I’ve been a bit angry with her and I’m just overwhelmed. I feel like I need to get everything done within the next few weeks but the more I try to talk about my trauma the less I actually get done… Thanks for taking the time to read this, I just needed to vent… And any ideas on how to get past this roadblock would be greatly appreciated!

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

I don’t have any advice but I just want to say I completely understand what you are feeling and think they are very normal.

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant

Wow, this is so tough!

Have you been with her a while? Are you at a point where you’re really feeling safe with her yet?

A suggestion that would probably work for me would be to express it all in writing first.

Did she make any arrangements for you for when she’ll be away? Will you have the option of seeing someone else?

Maybe starting with the practical arrangements might feel safer and can lead you into a deeper discussion.

Sending you hugs. This must be so terribly hard. I cannot imagine it.

Profile Photo
    justsomeone
    Participant
    Topic Author

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Thanks climber and melissa for your kind words!

I showed my therapist this question today and worked from there…

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant

Thanks climber and melissa for your kind words! I showed my therapist this question today and worked from there…

Wow! That’s really brave.

Profile Photo
    I_am_okay
    Participant

My therapist just came back last month from a two month maternity leave. I too was so scared but I spoke to her about it and together we created a plan that I felt comfortable with. I came up with coping skills and also I bought a notebook that I wrote things I wanted to share with her and when I came back to sessions I gave it to her…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!