skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant

Life is a journey a road in which we travel

It is an intricate pattern taking time to unravel

The road can be straight bringing happiness and elation

But it can have curves and bumps with so much aggravation

Sometimes the view is beautiful, the sun is shining

We don’t see the clouds only the silver lining

But then comes the storm taking us by surprise

Where we feel sadness and our heart cries

We try to see be positive and to stay upbeat

But amidst our challenges it is not an easy feat

People are struggling with challenges galore

Feelings are hurt and hearts are so sore

There are many out there

Who are walking around in despair

Pretending that life is great

Not willing to open up and to share their fate

They hide behind the tool of perfection

God forbid that anyone should know their situation

They say things they don’t feel

Playing parts that are not real

Making others wonder

Why only by me does life thunder?

Trying to understand and comprehend

Why do challenges only hit my end?

If only everyone would just come out and say

“Whatever you are, you are okay”

Because underneath the facade

We are all attempting in this whirlpool to wade

Conquering so many trials and tribulations

So much confusion and speculations

So let’s make an effort to try

The “myth” of the perfect life to demystify

To break the stigma of “life is always perfect to a tee”

To embrace each and every person despite their struggles emotionally

And give them our love and care

So that they can face their hardships this coming year

With feelings of support and unity

And to be the best we can be!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Yes, yes, and yes!!! Very true. If only we would all be more open and not put on a facade…. There’s a very interesting Diary in the Ami magazine of someone’s personal journey. It’s titled “my perfect life.” From the title, I take that we’re all going trying to put on the image of a “perfect life,” but naturally, we have struggles. We’re so scared to show a less than perfect front. (I’m not in any way downing the diary. I actually love it. I’m just sharing my thoughts about this topic in general).

May we all be granted a year of Blessings, Hatzlacha (success) and healing.

Keep up your amazing work, @Avacad0!

Avocado,

Your writing does an amazing job at sharing what so many people feel. So many people are walking around with a facade that they desperately would like to share but for one reason or another are unable to. One way to look at mental illness is the start discrepancy between our inner world and our outer appearance. For example, if someone were dancing in the streets after winning the lottery most would agree that is a healthy and appropriate response. However, if someone were dancing in the streets on an average Monday morning, we may refer to that as a manic episode. I hope your writing inspires you to be able to align who you are both internally and externally so that you are able to live a life that is in sync and peaceful.

Chaya

Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you! I just wish people would be more genuine. I don’t expect people to walk down the street with a microphone and yell out what it is that they are struggling, but when having a conversation about struggles and hardships if only there would be more honesty and authenticity.

I am noticing that due to my very honest nature I very many times surprise others when I will admit my hardships and my struggles. I just cannot fathom how you can fake things that are not true. Why is it a deficit if we have a hard time in a certain area it is so normal! That is what makes us human.

So beautifully & eloquently written; you really expressed some profound truths here; kol hakavod!

Profile Photo
    Rivkah Kaufman
    Participant
    Hi Avocado- I’m relatively new to this site, so I only just saw your post “My Contemplation on this Past Year.” Wow- you are a terrific writer, and must use this talent to help you transcend your sadness at the facade.
    Your plea that others see “Whatever you are, you are okay” reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Alanis Morrisette “That I Would Be Good.” I recommend it. May your words hit home this year.
    “That I would be good, even if I did nothing
    That I would be good, even if I got the thumbs down
    That I would be good if I got and stayed sick
    That I would be good even if I gained ten pounds
    That I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
    That I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
    That I would be great if I was no longer queen
    That I would be grand if I was not all knowing
    That I would be loved even when I numb myself
    That I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
    That I would be loved even when I was fuming
    That I would be good even if I was clingy
    That I would be good even if I lost sanity
    That I would be good
    Whether with or without you”
    Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you! so beautiful and so true. If only we can love ourselves for just being ourselves!

Profile Photo
    Rivkah Kaufman
    Participant

Well, we can try-or recommit to trying every day, if necessary. Make it a practise, along with self-care and establishing better boundaries!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Rivkah Kaufman's post #8474:

Wow!! If only we and the world would come to such a high level of acceptance, it would be a different place. I guess it’s hard to start with myself because when I say those things “that I would be good..” I have my family dynamics in mind and how they would radically disagree with this. So it makes it harder for me to truly internalize it. But, thank you!! May we all come to self-Acceptance!

Profile Photo
    Rivkah Kaufman
    Participant

Hi Chavy-I can see that depending on one’s situation this kind of radical acceptance would be easier or harder, especially if your family’s disagreement would make it harder to internalize. As you said though, that’s an issue of family dynamics-something about the way your family interacts with you and the world makes self-acceptance harder. So your family system-the role you play in it and its impact on you – would be a fruitful avenue for you to explore in therapy, I feel. All the best!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Rivkah Kaufman's post #8500:

Yes, that is something very important to bring up in therapy. I will make a note of that. Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!