skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Profile Photomlove.
  • Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant

<p class=”p2″><span class=”s1″>Hi. I go to therapy in school and my therapist told me today that she might not be there next year. Feeling very down/sad crying a lot don’t know what to do… we will discuss it next session but does anyone have any tips for meanwhile for having this feeling? It would be very hard for me if she leaves because we’ve finally developed a relationship… I’m in denial about it and I hope it doesn’t happen. Thanks </span></p>

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

That sounds so hard:( I’m so sorry you have to go through this.

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you for the support. Really helps

Ending treatment with a therapist whom you’ve become attached to is hard. There is no way to avoid feelings of sadness and loss when treatment ends before you are ready. So much of the treatment is about the relationship between you and your therapist so no wonder it hurts so much to think about it coming to an end. You said you’ll be talking about this more next week. I predict that you’ll be talking about it again and again. These sessions might help you say things you might not have said before. Saying something new takes the treatment  deeper. I know it hurts to think about saying goodbye, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Your therapist is going to prepare you on how to get through it.

You might wind up working with a new therapist who is nothing like this therapist. That doesn’t mean it won’t be a good relationship. It means it will be different.

Remember that whatever you’re feeling is valid. Honor your feelings by letting yourself feel them. We all want to grow but we don’t want to feel growing pains. Sometimes, the choice is not ours to make. Don’t panic. You will get through this.

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow thank you for this it’s very good to feel validated

Profile Photo
    mlove
    Participant
    Topic Author

And yes very much hurts to think about it… not easy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!