skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know of any free and short meditations that talk about anger and ways to help manage it and calm down from its intensity?

And, also fear/anxiety.

Thank you!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

Does anyone know of any such meditations?

Hey Chavy, This video below seems to have really great reviews. I only skimmed it so can’t say for certain but maybe worth a shot.

Additionally, Headspace has medidtaions for all specific feelings but only with the subscription based version.

I also recently heard rave reviews on the Sam Harris wake up medidtation app. I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet, but plan to. You can try it for free here https://wakingup.com

Hope this helps!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Fay Brezel's post #8513:

Thank you so much @Fay!! I will let you know how I like them.

Great. Please do!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Fay Brezel's post #8526:

I’m so sorry for responding back so late. So I listened to it, but I think I need something that really talks about emotions and delves into it. Like almost as if it’s a therapist guiding you about what to do with the feeling. Like saying that it’s okay, normal and practicing “urge-surfing.” Know what I mean?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

I just took a better look at the waking up app. It does sound good, but it’s not for free! I feel like many apps aren’t free. I received downloaded an app on OCD, but it only worked for a certain amount of time. It was upsetting because it had many positive ways of thinking, such as “I can tolerate discomfort,” reminding me that I <i>can</i>!!

Hmm yes that’s frustrating. I was going to say headspace definitely has a meditation on anger where it’s guided and I think similar to what you are looking for. My suggestion would be to do some more research on paid and free options and if you find that paid options are a better fit then invest in getting yourself something that will be helpful and you will use long term. Sometimes doing the math helps you tolerate an expense like these. A subscription that is approx $200 a year used approx 350 days a year (sometimes more than once a day) is a worthwhile investment most often. Especially if it’s a game changer on your mental health and sense of calm. The question is will you use it consistently…

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Fay Brezel's post #8577:

Yes! But actually, I was talking to my therapist about the OCD app and he pointed out to me that it’s only $20 for a lifetime purchase, or 4.99 monthly. So I just purchased it for this month and will be allowed to have access to all its parts. I’m so excited!

Awesome!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to Fay Brezel's post #8581:

Thank you ?

There are some great body scan meditations online. I can search later for specific ones.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’m actually using the OCD app called GG OC which is really helpful. And, I’m using the Happify one too. But, I’d love to see what your recommendations are.

Profile Photo
    LoyalYingel
    Participant

I meditate but I don’t bother meditating on fear any more than I want to be frightened. Instead I meditate on God and his ability to solve anything that can cause fear instantaneously. Faith is beyond fear.

Since I think we’re all Jewish in here I’ll tell a story about a great Rabbi, the Chiddushai Harim. As he was traveling on an urgent matter with his disciples the horses pulling his wagon grew skittish, slipping and sliding in the snow. Suddenly one horse lost its footing and the wagon went crashing over the embankment. The disciples were screaming in terror. The master was impassive. After the horses were settled down and everything was resolved, a disciple asked ” master you showed no fear, how is that possible?”

And the Chiddushai Harim said “There are only two things to fear in the cosmos- God and everything else”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!