skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • hey i’m thinking about starting a meditation practice and was wondering if anyone had a good experience with theirs. I heard of apps headspace and calm and the other options I can’t remember right now. Any ideas for beginners to make this work for me? Im looking for more peace of mind, less anxiety, and work towards being more present..

Hey, Yes I have! Headspace is amazing. They give you a free 10 day trial and you can usually feel a difference within those 10 days. I know I have, and many of my clients have as well. It is a bit costly option if you want to purchase the program for a year but i have found it to be well worth it. They have different packets for different things you want to work on ex. relationships, change, stress, anxiety, depression etc.

Profile Photo
    humanbeing21
    Participant

I would suggest you attend the MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) Course. It’s for 8 weeks (once weekly) and will really get you started with mindfulness practice.

Profile Photo
    striving4goodenough
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hey, Yes I have! Headspace is amazing. They give you a free 10 day trial and you can usually feel a difference within those 10 days. I know I have, and many of my clients have as well. It is a bit costly option if you want to purchase the program for a year but i have found it to be well worth it. They have different packets for different things you want to work on ex. relationships, change, stress, anxiety, depression etc.

cool. thank you. will try it out.

I would suggest you attend the MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) Course. It’s for 8 weeks (once weekly) and will really get you started with mindfulness practice.

thanks. is it online or in person? link?

Profile Photo
    humanbeing21
    Participant

They are in-person. I have done the course with Elaine and know other who have as well. She is warm and down-to-earth, non-judgmental and great at what she does.
    http://www.mindfulnessmeditationnyc.com/mbsr-nyc-teachers/elaine-retholtz

Profile Photo
    striving4goodenough
    Participant
    Topic Author

They are in-person. I have done the course with Elaine and know other who have as well. She is warm and down-to-earth, non-judgmental and great at what she does.
    http://www.mindfulnessmeditationnyc.com/mbsr-nyc-teachers/elaine-retholtz

great to know. will look into this. Dont know if i can commit to this right now but something to think about… thank you. also thinking i can share this resource with others….toda

Profile Photo
    Chany
    Participant

Headspace fan too 🙂

Profile Photo
    Chavs27
    Participant

Preach the headspace… really love it!

Yes 🙂 preach the headspace. I like that. I’m still a huge fan… it’s simple, legitimate and Andy’s voice alone hits the spot most of the time.

Profile Photo
    anonymous
    Participant

Hi, thanks for recommending headspace!

I kept on hearing about importance of meditation , but didn’t really know how to practice. Just tried headspace, and loved it!

Profile Photo
    alwaysworried
    Participant

headspace fan too. So happy you tried and enjoyed. isn’t it just wonderful…Most often getting started is the most difficult part, although i’m always happy i made time for it in my day…

Profile Photo
    anonymous
    Participant

Just wondering though, is it normal for the head to start feeling very heavy when doing the exercise?

Profile Photo
    alwaysworried
    Participant

yes yes. basically every feeling is normal but sometimes we don’t realize what were feeling because we don’t give ourselves the time and ‘headspace’ to feel it. Just today i was meditating and noticed a pain in my left backside of my neck towards my shoulder. It was so strange but it makes sense since i sit over computers lately. Recognizing it helped me stretch in a position i thought would be helpful and i didnt noticed it was feeling better until i’m writing this to you so yeah, that’s how busy our brains are…

@anonymous So great that you tried headspace! isn’t it powerful? Yes, I would agree that it’s totally normal to have random thoughts, feelings, and sensations appear while meditating. That’s almost the point. To bring to our awareness how much is going on in the background of the human ‘machine’ even while we’re completely still and silent, reinforcing the need to take that break daily at the very least.

Profile Photo
    anonymous
    Participant

Very powerful indeed! And thanks for normalizing, this way I can just relax, and enjoy it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!