skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant

So great I found this site on the day my plans for Aliyah seem uncertain. I was doing my taxes in US and the amount owed came out very high. I couldn’t understand it. I was totally devastated. If I have to pay this much, which I am still figuring out, my plans for Aliyah will have to be postponed by another whole year. I called my employer and coworker to consult. My employer gave me her accountant’s information. I scheduled a consultation with him this week. I am keeping hope alive. But I am feeling so stressed. Planning Aliyah on my own is stressful enough but now this.

Vicka, yes this sounds really stressful. It sounds as though you expected there to be stress with this major change and transition but weren’t expecting the financial piece to be this straining. I wonder if you can reframe the expectation by realizing that the financial piece is going to be part of this endeavor and then allow yourself to experience whatever feelings come along with that.

Of course if you can do things to manage the stress, anxiety and uncertainty throughout this process that would help take the edge off and perhaps even help you find some moments of joy in the journey. What do you enjoy that’s financially feasible? Can it be simply going to a coffee shop and journaling, or meeting with a friend? Taking a walk with some music? Small pleasures and outlets for the stress sound cliche but can really go a long way.

Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi Fay,  thank you for your reply. Yes I do many things: yoga, spend time w/dog, garden (although had to stop due to weather), indulge in cappuccino. Today my fears were confirmed.  I owe enormous amount of taxes bc im self employed. Huge chunk of what i was saving for Israel.  Im not ready to give up. Today i also took on more work. It wont make a big difference but ill do whatever i can and decide when i see when its definitely not doable.

Best

Of course!

Really cool outlets you have.

I’m sorry your fears were confirmed today, bummer!

Good for you that you’re not giving up. I’m hopeful for you. With your flexible attitude and willingness to work hard, I believe you can and will get this sorted out…

Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you Fay

Profile Photo
    Chany
    Participant

Hey Vicka

This is tough…stay strong!

have you heard of nefesh benefesh? Can they be a helpful resource for you?

Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant
    Topic Author

Yes they run the Aliyah. Thank you

Profile Photo
    Chany
    Participant

Ok I’m assuming they’re helping you with finances as much as possible. How’s it going? Thinking of you…

Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant
    Topic Author

They have a stipend. Its not enough. Right now I’m doing all I can. Contacting who ever I can think of, cutting expenses, taking on more work. I haven’t received my Aliyah approval and I’m almost done with my school application. I don’t know when I’ll make the final decision. I imagine before June. Thank you.

Profile Photo
    Chany
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of stress but that you’re really tackling all fronts. One step at a time. Hang in there…

Profile Photo
    Vicka
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’m trying…thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!