skip to Main Content
  • This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Profile Photorina.
  • Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile Photo
    justkeepswimming
    Participant

Hey there!

For a while now, I have been feeling quite lonely… It is a very depressing feeling to have if you have never experienced it…

When these feeling hit me too hard, I usually end up turning to inappropriate internet/messaging/flirting usage which i really hate about myself…

I have gone to therapy for these issues but they still keep on coming up strong…

I’m asking for help/advice on both fronts…

1. How to deal with and manage with the loneliness? Will marriage help with that? (yes, I am single…)
    2.  When I am feeling these strong emotions, a better way to redirect myself than these disgusting and fake outlets…

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi there. There is a site called guardyoureyes.com.  There are many people dealing with the same or similar struggles that have found tremendous benefits from that site.   Good luck and hatzlacha rabba!

Profile Photo
    Sarah95
    Participant

Marriage can definitely help a lot however one shldnt rush into it for this reason and make sure they are stable and ready enough for marriage. If you have a kind and caring spouse, they will look after you well but remember they are also human and need to be looked after and not use up all their energy for you as they must look after themselves as well

And yes, guard your eyes is awesome and is really helpful – check out the website.

Wishing you all the best, S

Profile Photo
    millerjb
    Participant

I feel the same way. I was just at a chasunah last night with many people that I knew yet a still felt so alone. I feel like they have lives and I do not. Yes I am single too and it is so hard. I do reach out to friends who can understand me either to just shmooze or to speak about the struggles that we have in common. I also try my best to be apart of my community. For example I became part of a women’s choir and for the time that we practice I feel apart of something and able to escape. Yes I do come home and watch things on my computer afterwards which I do not like but the way I look at it is, is that I am keeping myself safe and focusing or something. I hope this helps. You could always reach out to me. I would love to be your friend. 845-826-1069

Have a great Shabbos and a gutten Chodesh

Hang in there

Profile Photo
    friedman
    Participant

In response to millerjb's post #13992:

There are many things that help to a certain level,

most beneficial for me is FasterEFT eutaptics, theres a 5day free trial..

hatzlacha and wishing You siyata dishmaya further!

If you want further info feel free to reach out to friedman0102@gmail.com. I had the Zchis  to help lots of people with this work BH.

Profile Photo
    mmyyddiiaarryy
    Participant

kudos to you for reaching out!

as someone mentioned earlier, GYE was a help. what I find as all accompasing is that i took upon myself to say twice daily all paragraphs from shema until emes, with full concentration. i try to pray from a siddur which has translation. it is very powerful i ,must tell you.

with best of luck! try and fail and try and fail but never fail to try again

Profile Photo
    rina
    Participant

Do you have single friends to hang out with? That could help. If not, try volunteering somewhere where there are other girls.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!