skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    yiskahlev
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have developed over the past year or two very crippling anxiety attacks. Due to some other events that took place in my life, they can at their worst look like ptsd attacks. I’m constantly feeling like I’m dying/at the end of my life, my body is in pain from all of the muscle tension and I have episodes that are almost like a seizure where I panic uncontrollably.
    Most of the day, I feel an impending doom and feel out of control.
    I really feel at this point, something where I stay somewhere for a month or even a tiny bit longer learning how to cope and heal would be the best for me.

but, I don’t feel like a hospital environment would be a good fit and I want to be somewhere where I could potentially be surrounded by other frum people. I’m open to going absolutely anywhere on planet earth-just soon. I’m desperate. If you have any ideas I would appreciate it so much!

Hi yiskahlev,

You should feel proud of yourself for reaching out for the support you need! Maybe consider reaching out to a frum therapist on our directory who specializes in anxiety? Even if you feel that inpatient is best for you, they may be able to refer you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Profile Photo
    millerjb
    Participant

I know that ERC in Denver has a unit that deals with anxiety. While you can not guarantee that there will be frum girls there is always a chance.

Hatzlocha

Hi yiskahlev,

I understand your space in time. Anxiety can be crippling especially when your loved ones don’t understand. Usually, they don’t know how to help and they become afraid. Because no one likes feeling afraid it results in people  being impatient, irritable, and exacerbated.

I remember having a bout of anxiety. Really bad and I asked my daughter if I could sleep with her. Understand my daughter is in her 40s…LOL What an event!! She said yes. I snuggled with her until I felt save and I fell asleep. The next day I felt better. Not totally myself but better.

Do you have a close friend that you could nestle with? Someone who would nurture you as a mother would nurture her children. Someone you would not feel judged by. These are my immediate solutions until you find exactly what you are looking for.

Lastly, I specialize in Grief, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD as a result of childhood trauma/sexual abuse. If you find you are looking for virtual support.

Blessing, and I trust that Hasheme has you and it will all workout for your good,

Beverly

TheHeartofWhatMatters.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!