skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Hi
    Im not sure if I’m anorexic, i was told im at risk of it and its still early enough to get out of it
    Im seeing a nutritionist but i don’t feel like changing since im happy with the way i am and i think i overeat becuase im fatter than most other people
    On the other hand im being told that im ruining my body…
    I feel really alone and i love the satisfaction if starving myself… Its the only thing that makes me happy…
    Thanks so much for your amazing support, theres no one in the world like you, you truly are amazing people?

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Starving yourself in order to loose weight is like taking Tylenol for a tooth ache you need to go to the dentist to see why you have a tooth ache same is with loosing weight you need to go to a nutritionist to start healthy eating starving your self is a quick fix but not a healthy lifestyle

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I know many girls that go through these type of things. I’m a teenager myself but I can try giving you some advice. First of all it could be dangerous and you could ruin your future by starving yourself… I also don’t eat that much but I do know that I have to eat in order to have a normal future… it’s better that you should get help now than waiting until it gets much worse cause it will be so much harder to get out of it. I would love to be here for you cause I know how it feels…

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

1. You say you’re happy with the way you are, so why are you starving yourself to lfeel happy?
    2. As much as people like to believe, your weight is not always directly related to what you eat. Being “fat” doesn’t mean that you overeat.

3. It sounds like the most important thing for you now is to figure out healthier ways to make you feel happy and less alone (obviously easier said than done)

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

There’s a Jewish organization with loads of support run by individuals who have suffered and healed. Perhaps they check this out it could be a huge source of support and help.

https://www.magenavrohom.com/

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I hear you’re happy with your current weight but enjoy the satisfaction of losing weight. I’m sensing this is a place you can control, and I might be wrong. If this is an area you can control and this is the satisfaction, I’m wondering. Do you have other areas in life you can have control over? Like control over areas you choose to keep private? Control over money? Do you have a job? Then control over things at the job? If you can’t find areas to control in your current life, maybe create something. Like starting a job/business where nobody will be able to control you, except where you decide to ask. You may decide not to ask anybody, which is fine and in this situation may be healthier than dangerously controlling your food intake.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thanks so much for ur support, its so nice to know that there are people who understand! I dont know if im ruining myself or not… That’s the worst part of it all…

-This response was contributed by the original author.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

When moshiach comes Yom Kipper fast will still exict in other word u will also have your day of pleasure (fasting)
    See there good in not eating

But going from one extreme to the next is great for the feeling not for the benefit
    Meaning feeling good eating the feeling good fasting…
    There is a way that u can get both done all in one

1. They say diet means eating as much as u want of thing that u hate
    Here a new a new twist
    Eat as much as u want any thing home made
    Meaning no returands quick food…

2. Eat what ever u want but there is no second
    Fill your pate.. No seconds

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having a hard time.
    Intuitive eating can be a great resource and can really help improve body image and overall relationship with food mind and body. You can check out intuitiveeating.org

And Gila Glassberg is a Registered dietitian whose focus is in intuitive eating- I love what I hear on her videos /podcasts. @gilaglassberg
    Gilaglassberg.com she’s very understanding, non judgmental and has a big heart! Wishing you best of luck ❤️
    You can

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

God forbid should starving yourself be the only thing that makes you happy. I would recommend making a list of things that you enjoy. Whether it be friends or weather or a hobby. If you don’t have any specific hobbies maybe try something artsy or athletic or even baking. There are tons of things in Hashems world that are created for you to enjoy and I would recommend looking beyond yourself and your weight into Hashem’s greater world. When it comes to eating make sure you are eating 3 meals a day and every time you feel hungry. You don’t have to eat a ton each meal but you shouldn’t ignore a hungry stomach because of your weight. I myself am a very picky eater so although I don’t hesitate to eat a lot there is a very limited list of foods that I eat. If I’m worried about my weight instead of starving myself I go on a run or do something active to make me feel that my actions are effecting my weight in a healthy way.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi from a former (or is it always) sufferer of anorexia…anorexia is classified as an addiction. It sounds like from what your describing that you are headed down that path. Please take this from someone that understands what you are going through (I know everyone is different…) and get help beyond a nutritionist. Don’t make my mistake and skip the psychological aspect. I am still suffering because it wasn’t taken care of.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

There is satisfaction in starving yourself; both on an emotional and mental level and on a physiological level, as the endorphins and adrenalin start kicking in. That being said, the pleasure that you get from being in control of your intake is limited-at some point, it controls you, and it becomes something that you dread doing, but have to do.
    You mention thinking that you overeat because you’re fatter than most people-whether or not you’re actually fatter than others or you just feel like you are, if you are not nourishing your body properly, it’s a problem. The size of your body does NOT indicate the size of the problem; while there is a physical component, this is a mental/emotional disorder, and you are valid, regardless of the size of your body. And you are “sick enough” to get the help now and take the help, even while they say it’s early enough to get out of it-that does not mean you aren’t sick and that you need to do more in order to get there-there is no “sick enough” (just wanted to put that out there, even though you didn’t say it specifically)
    I’m assuming you’re in therapy; maybe together with your therapist you can address what gives you satisfaction about starving, and healthier alternatives to gaining that satisfaction.
    You are not alone in this.
    Hatzlacha rabbah umerubah

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #10645:

Thanks for sharing posting it on your status or more people can benefit from it. I also would like to share With all Jewish sisters and brothers that this organization has a System with a daily pay Rick up psalms of David and I receive the text reminder every day and I want this woman or a man to know that I and many more Jewish brother and pray for them every day

So whoever wants to join in this they could open the link and Overthere sign up to receive daily reminders for the chapter for the daily chapter thank you

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If restriction is a way to find control and happiness, I would reccomend that you see a nutritionist and therapist, even if you are feeling a sense of satisfaction- seeing a therapist and learning more about your body and health will help shift your perspective and understand more about what damage you could be doing. It’s hard to choose recovery and I know you will get through this, sending support ?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!