skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

How to tide over until my next therapy session when I have so much going on in my mind that I need to share and address. How to avoid overthinking it all and be able to focus on my daily schedule.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Take notes as soon as you get home, and read it throughout the week

Then whenever you have any thought you want to discuss with ur therapist just write it down and tell urself it will be taken care of by ur next session so for now you can just move on with ur daily schedule

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I find that when I write down my thoughts, feelings etc it allows me to relax – knowing that it’s written down and I’ll have it by my next therapy session

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Write. It’s an easy way to organise your thoughts. Also (not so easy…) Speak to a trusted friend or relative. I find that to be helpful.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’d like to know that to!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Love this topic!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Mindfulness

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Write it down somewhere. Either a journal or some other place. Once you have put pen to paper, it’s easier to put the thoughts in perspective and also to have them percolating in your brain a bit less. Writing is a form of sharing.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Try journaling! So helpful to get those thoughts out

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Therapy is not an end all an be all. Its needed but when u don’t have it u need to learn other tools and far as another mentor or solid friends u trust with giving the info over without feelings of judgment but needing support. And dig into yourself and see what tools u have. Writing meditation, walking ,self taking, tune inside and give ur self what comings up for you your body talks listen. Pay attention.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Journal/brain dump once a day (preferably in the morning)… Check out morning pages.
    Also would it help to voice note yourself or create a WhatsApp chat with yourself to write things out? Only sharing these pieces of advice because they were lifesavers for me. But everyone is different… It’s so hard!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I strongly believe that it’s almost impossible to completely not overthink or have racing thoughts ect. Until your next session.. I think that we’re human and that’s how we are, we end off on a note where we need the discussion to continue and continue to work on healing however your therapist has boundaries and their own life so they can’t keep you forever.. and that’s just the reality of it. Think of it like you go on a date with someone you really like and you aren’t allowed to text or call until the next date (in the ultra orthodox community) yet you ended off with so much more you wanted to know and share.. I think it’s just part of life.. I personally struggle with this every time I leave therapy. I leave and think how am I going to get through life until my next session? But I do because life moves on however I guess to try and make things move a little faster until that next session you can try to distract yourself a lot more then usual or tell your Therpist hey I know it’ll be a little difficult for me to wait until our next session can you give me a few coping skills until then that I can write down. Ect. But again I do believe that that’s the part of therapy you need to be realistic and realize part of the healing process is about time. Even if it’s extremely difficult.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I like to write myself letters when I have things on my mind and throw them out right after. also take notes when I’m in a session and read them over when I feel like I need a boost

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Rabbi Meyer Yedid personally told me this line when I came to him about a similar issue and he said, “why stress over it? Is it haunting you right now? Is it something you have to take care of right now? This second this minute? When the time comes HaShem will help you deal with it.” I stood there dumbfounded and he was right it’s true because that second everything in my mind just stopped I didn’t have to worry about it all this exact second and I stopped and when I needed to deal with the situation I dealt with
    It I was calm and it all worked out. When we live with this mindset we live happier lives and we live in the present. When we’re so focused on what’s to be how, when, …. we forget about the present and we don’t enjoy it. Live in the now don’t worry about the future leave that up to HaShem! Hope this helps!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I found the best way is to have a note file (or a draft email) in your phone special for this topic, then whenever a thought or issue you want to bring up in the next session but you don’t want to forget about it and at the same time you don’t want it to keep bothering you in your head a whole week just write a quick note about it in that special note pad file, then the day of your session or a night before review it and see if all notes are still relevant or if u want to add or remove anything, and update it, then take a quick look on the list before going into session, but once in session start without looking at the notes rather start with what u feel is most important for you to connect and process at the moment, then towards the end of the session take a quick look on the list to see if there is something important you wanted to discuss of today that u missed. Good luck to you all. and be proud of your self that you have the courage to take care of your self.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!