skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile Photo
    I_am_okay
    Participant

How to deal with rejection? It hurts so much and brings up so much for me. Cognitively I know that they don’t always mean to reject me however in the moment I can’t access that. It sends me into a tailspin of feeling awful and ruminating and what not. It also makes me not want to ask again so I can “protect” myself from getting hurt…

Profile Photo
    avacad0
    Participant

Hi! I totally can relate. I have a deep rooted fear of rejection. So many of my actions are stemming from my fear….

What I am trying very hard to work on cognitively is to tell myself that the worse thing is that in the event that I do get rejected I am not going to die, as unpleasant as it is, it usually is not personal, very very many times I have proven to myself that people are wrapped up with their issues and it’s nothing about us when we get rejected, It’s life and circumstances…..

If  you can keep telling yourself that ” I am okay” and although it’s painful to be rejected another cannot determine my self value and self worth. And as hard and painful it is on the moment, I AM OKAY.

Profile Photo
    melissa
    Participant

I think it would be very helpful to discuss this in therapy.

In fact, personally I found that when such things play out in therapy (such as say, you feel rejected by your therapist), it’s a great opportunity to bring it up (and it’s hard!) and discuss it in therapy, because what you learn through it spills over in other relationships as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!