skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get over with the aftereffects of being angry and upset at my therapist? I don’t know how to manage waiting so long until I speak with my therapist.

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Write a letter to them
    And send to them email Whatsapp….
    Or when the next time u meet give it to them or talk read it to them

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Email your thoughts to therapist so you feel like you got it out, and then discuss the email next session

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I wonder if you can schedule another session to discuss this. Whether you can or cannot, journaling can help tremendously or writing her a letter that you will or will not send her. Either way, be kind to yourself and know that this is a normal part of therapy as it is part of any relationship.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Jot down what it is that has you angry and upset. You can either hold on to the letter or throw it away. Either way, it will let you “physically” get the anger and hurt out in some form until you actually have the ability to communicate with your therapist directly, and in the interim you’ll feel better.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

This Is frustrating! Maybe write down what u wanna tell her. Or maybe send her an email or text with what u want her to know…GOOD LUCK getting through the week

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Maybe you can text the general idea of what made you upset and say you want it addressed at your next session and then pick something to represent your anger(a tissue, a scarf or whatever) and put it somewhere safe (your trunk?)and leave it there till you take it out and bring it to next session

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I think if a therapist is adding stress that you don’t feel is constructive in the long or short run, it may be a good idea to get a new therapist

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If you’re angry at your therapist then you might want to consider getting a new therapist…. I don’t know about you but a therapist is supposed to be a person that you can share anything with no judgment and support so if you’re upset it might not be the best match

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Whenever you’re angry.. Drink water, wash your head and face. Water will purify you Be’ezrat HaShem ?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Interesting one

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Maybe you should find a new therapist. Not all therapists are qualified.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I think it can feel very very hard to wait and yet it is also probably a healthier option to wait and address it in person. Also, although it feels like you’ll never calm down and move on, in a couple days you might see it with a bit more clarity. We sometimes regret what we say through text when we are upset.. so having the extra time to process can lead to a more productive conversation during your next session where you actively choose what you want to say, vs feel like you are compelled to speak out of anger (which we do as human sometimes)
    I hope you have someone to share your feelings with in the meantime! Wishing you the best of luck!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Just because someone may be angry/frustrated at their therapist, doesn’t mean they should go find a new therapist. I’ve been with my therapist for over 8 years and there were many times over the years I’ve gotten angry at her. Every single time we managed to work it out, either over email or at our next session. Learning to sit with and work through the anger was part of the therapy process. Running to find a new therapist when you get angry at him/her seems more like a cop out to me and does not seem constructive.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

The way you asked your question it seems that you and your therapist are a great fit and that you’re happy with your therapist, and that you’re doing progress and you want more time with your therapist.
    in my opinion it’s okay to feel that way, but I would tell my therapist the way I feel and that I think I need more time with them.
    It’s important to be candid with your therapist, telling them that you feel you need more time with them isn’t a bad thing, they might me able to accommodate you in one way or another.
    Best of luck in your journey!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!