skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Hey I love this status. Can I ask a question? I grew up with dysfunctional emotional parents and went through a hard childhood. I went to therapy as a teenager which helped me tremendously. Now I’m bh married with 2 adorable children. But I keep imagining something horrible happening to my kids/ family bec it feels like life is just too good and it doesn’t make sense. It’s this normal? Any tips how to deal with this?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I thought that also
    Then it happens.
    Made my life amazing!
    Everything is for a reason.
    Can’t imagine my life being different

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I think maybe you are feeling super overprotective over your kids and quite rightly so as you never want them to experience what you did. Personally what I would do is think about seeking some more therapy for help with how to handle those really big emotions when they come up. Anxiety is a real thing especially when it comes to protecting something we love so much.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Just know that this is an extremely common experience. I myself think this many a time. As someone in the social work field, I know there are many many people who think that. Acknowledging it and making space for the fear, and being there for that part of you that’s worried can be helpful. And yet even with that you may think like that sometimes, and it’s ok. If davening/prayer resonates with you, something that I have found to be helpful “G-d/Hashem, please heal my way of thinking” “ help me think about this in a healthy way…”

Hatzlacha

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Going to therapy you learned tools your parents didnt have. You had the example of what you didnt want to be like as a parent. I hope you give yourself credit of how much growth and learning you have done. It sounds like youre a really balanced mama and your kids are lucky to have mama who knew what was not healthy and worked on changing that. Raising kids is hard and as someone who grew up in a unbalanced home raising children brings up many questions and anxieties. I believe that that just shows how much you genuinely want the best for them❤️ Maybe being open to seeing a therepist again might help to calm your worries to guide you through this new beautiful chapter in your life. Helping make concrete changes in your family cycle? Good job mama

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

It probably is normal given what you went through. It may very well require small steps for you to try to train your brain not to automatically go to worst-case-scenario mode.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If your sholam Bayes is amazing your kids are fairly happy and well behaved than keep up the great work and you have nothing to worry about. Treat yourself to something special couse you are awesome.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

That is wonderful that after such a tough childhood your life is good now. Just be sure to he grateful to Hashem for all your blessings and know that he will always take care of you no matter what.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

There’s a pasuk in Tehillim that says “שַׂ֭מְּחֵנוּ כִּימ֣וֹת עִנִּיתָ֑נוּ” which means “Cause us to rejoice according to the days that You afflicted us”. I find this pasuk to be very powerful. You deserve every ounce of happiness in your life right now to counteract every ounce of pain you experienced in your childhood. Work on internalizing that. Maybe even use this as a mantra (or whatever phrase resonates with you) to repeat every time the negative thoughts enter your mind.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11513:

That’s amazing!! can’t wait to reach that point

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11513:

I love this response. I could use it.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hey. So I just want to tell you that you are amazing for pushing through all barriers and challenges that Hashem sent your way. You put forth such hard work and now out of all of that work BH you can see the fruit of your labor and such success. It’s weird for you to maybe feel that you have it so good now, but that’s ok. You had it hard before, worked so hard without giving up, and now BH you feel happy and satisfied. This if ok and good. We should feel happy with the work that we do and we just need to be thankful for all the blessings that Hashem sends our way.
    Since you have such a history a d journey which you went through it will only make you stronger as a person, mom, and spouse.
    It actually happens to be that I to had a whole lot of challenges growing up. Baruch Hashem with much work and help I’m pulling through and reaching higher and higher in ways that I never imagined possible. With all the work I’m feeling accomplished, Happy, less torn, and more stable as a person. I’m very grateful and happy for all of this success and it’s absolutely ok to feel good with life. That’s how it should be, living life bsimicha. A big goal which I’m reaching for which motivates me to continue is raising a worm and loving stable home.
    Yes at times there can be all different types of thoughts that come to mind. But just remember that thoughts are not you and it’s not reality. Thoughts can scare us but it’s our job to push it away with two hands full force and not to let them in and get the better of us.
    Wishing you much Hatzlacha.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you so much for posting my question and all the beautiful answers ❤

-Original Topic Author

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!