skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

I think I need some mental health parenting help… like how not to lose my sanity when my kids dont listen and are jumping hyper at 10pm ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Make a deal with the kids that if they go to bed, they will get to choose a small treat a a store. (It can be ice cream during the day). Whoever can be the quietest the longest wins and gets a treat. (I’m not a parent or married, just something I would do and try). Hope it helps.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Get in a schedule and enforce bed by 8pm (obviously varies by age). Aside for needing to be up for school, they also need their sleep in general and for their growth and ability to focus during the day. Pay attention to the food they’re eating which affects hyperness so much too.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

As a parent myself I realized that the biggest thing is knowing that it’s not my fault. I didn’t even realize I was having this belief… but turns out I was.
    Once I switched and said each time kids were making me crazy- this is normal, this is what kids are supposed to do…. everything changed
    Meaning at every stage.. kids do annoying/ crazy things and I would get so annoyed because I felt so out of control…
    ex: kids tantruming, fighting, whining…
    not nearly what you’re describing but maybe it can still help
    So when they do these things now I say to myself- it is normal for babies to cry and not eat breakfast, it is normal for kids to fight and hurt each other badly… it is not my fault as a parent. The best thing i can do is take deep breaths, calm myself and they feed off of it. If I start losing it, they just lose it even more…

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #10024:

I would not give a treat for going to bed. It’s a basic functional activity of daily living and should become part of life without a food treat (which will make them more hype for the next night)

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

When I close my kid door, sometimes he starts to cry; I ask him why he is crying, my kid says he is afraid of monsters. I ask him to describe the monster to me; my kid says it green; I ask him does the monster has a hat? My kid tells me it’s brown. Does it have a circle on the hat or squares? I asked him what color is the square; my kid tells me it is orange. I respond, that is funny, so you’re telling me you are scared of a monster with a funny hat; I tell my kid I have a secret for you when you see the monster, you laugh, the monster will laugh.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I agree that a treat should not be food. Maybe you should try giving them time as a treat. Kids are always wanting your attention and Time. It’s the best thing to give them

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Pray a lot and then pray some more .
    Some kids need melatonin. I fought that for more than a decade. Meditative quiet music lavender oil massages are good and nice if they work
    Bracha vHatzlacha
    And never give up
    Stay strong, hang in there

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I find when they know what time their bedtime is they accept it better and listen when I say it’s bedtime.

-Anonymous WhatsAppers

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

The main thing I would say is to stay calm and not lose patience because kids feel that. Also to try and remind yourself as a parent that you are trying your best and you are a good mother/father and that you can do it.
    Maybe also trying to make it excited for them to sleep- depending on the age… one can say ” at this time mommy/ daddy is going to read you a book/ sing you a song/ spend time with you for 10 minutes before sleeping, etc”- whatever the kid might enjoy doing can make them look forward to going to sleep.
    Also maybe preparing them from the morning, for example telling them what the scheduelle of the day will look like, they themselves can tell you also what they want to do that day, for example ” go to school at_, come home and eat a snack, play with the cars at, eat dinner at, shower at, etc” and one of those things is “sleep at_”

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I don’t think it’s a good thing to give them a treat every time they go to bed etc… They will get used to it and they will think that if there’s a problem or something they will think that the solution is getting a treat so I wouldn’t do that… I’m just a teenager with no experience but just saying what I think would be best to do.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Lets be real hear . Here’s to a shout-out to all u mom’s out there! U may have ur days but definitely never think u are any less of a mom. Firstly, many schools aren’t running as scheduled due to covid-19. As much as it may be hard on the parents kids find the adjustment just as hard, if not harder. Times are very overwhelming and that’s noone to blame . Ur a great mom and think about this, for waking up each morning and being able to keep ur kids happy and well past 10pm shows ur doing something right. It’s never wrong to ask for help but I must realize that ur only human. Perhaps treat them to a late night with permission 2 or 3x a week on condition they go nicely the other days.

U should ttly take a mini vacay somewhere or have a moment with a glass of wine. Kids are kids ..don’t think if urself any less!!U got this. Good luck and stay strong??

-Anonymous WhatsAppers

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #10028:

How bad of idea is it? I listen to it on audible the title is 13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don’t Do by Amy Morin

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #10025:

The first one sounds really intimidating. Making me feel like a rotten mother ?

-Anonymous WhatsAppers

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Why can’t giving up be an option

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!