skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

How do I know if I’m ready to date? I’m still seeing a therapist and taking meds. No one will ever be perfect. That’s just not the way G-D made us. I’m already 24 and my friends have 2 kids by now. I want to be responsible and G-D willing be the best spouse and mom I can be, and that’s why I’m doing all the therapeutic work that I am. (Of course for my own self as well.) So what’s the fine line? The years keep passing and I never feel like I’m “perfect” enough to even begin dating…Any thoughts or words of wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks loads!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

You are not perfect and you will never be perfect at least you are better and if you feel better and ready you should go for it

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Dis you discuss this with your therapist?
    What does she think?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I still feel that way and it’s years later and still single I don’t think married life is for everyone I think we’re brainwashed to hit an age and need to be at a Certain way by a certain time go at ur pace

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I feel like this is me asking the question. I am always waiting until I am perfect, yet I have to realize nobody is ever perfect. Maybe try asking your therapist how ready she thinks you are?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

It sounds like you want to move on and have a family..
    I don’t think that you’re supposed to wait until you feel ready..
    Sometimes we don’t realize how much we grew and how amazing and capable we are.
    Therefore I would suggest that you discuss it with a Rav or therapist who knows you personally
    Life is a journey, you’re not meant to be perfect. But you’re TRYING and seem to be WANTING very much. And it’s enough. YOU are enough!
    As a married person who went through trauma as a kid I can just say that so much healing takes place within a marriage and with having children. And with the right one it can only help..
    Hatzlacha with everything!!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

The best is when you and him grow together 🙂 life isn’t supposed to start off perfectly. Take it as it comes and realize that nobody is perfect so waiting for that perfect will never come. Accept this as you

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

No one is perfect, the true partner is some growing with you but at the same time your therapist can help you decide if you’re ready and how to go about it in the best way for you

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #12378:

Wow. So kind of this person to take the time to write this. Resonates alot and means so much. I so appreciate her response. Thank you.

-Original Poster

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

At 24 years old, I was (and still am) seeing a therapist, on meds and not dating. I wasn’t going to start dating until my therapist, who knows me very well (we’ve been working together for many years) felt that I was ready enough to start dating. I trusted her judgment completely and held off a few years before starting to date. Age 25 I started dating and thankfully met my husband quickly. I’m 27 now with an adorable 10 week old baby 🙂

Talk it out with your therapist, see how you both feel about it and hopefully together you’ll come to a decision.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow Great question!
    Firstly its triggering because I got married to someone that was not ready in any way and didnt even want to get married…
    Heres what I think, if someone is ready to do the work, help themselves and in therapy then with therapists guidance is what I would say “A catch” because thats most important in a marriage to constantly aim to be better yet knowing that Perfect doesnt exist. You are Good Enough! You are awesome!Hatzlacha! Thanks for allowing me to “voice” my opinion! Shavua Tov to all!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

You don’t have to be perfect to start dating. Nobody is perfect everyone is growing if you where perfect you wouldn’t be able to exists. Alot of people who take meds and are in therapy are married or dating. That is amazing that you are taking are of yourself and when you do start dating and you meet that person he will be wow she knows how to take care of herself. Keep up the good work!!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Omg. I’m so happy this question came in cuz I have the same exact question!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #12382:

Wow. This warms my heart and gives hope.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Your job here is done, if you’ve reached perfection. We always have to grow and strive to be better than we are. I think that as long as you’re not in a volatile situation and you’re in a good place mentally there shouldn’t be a reason to pause on life so that you can continue growing.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!