skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile Photo
    justkeepswimming
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I recently noticed that I have fallen in to a tough slump. I am constantly thinking negative thoughts about myself and dealing with a lot of loneliness.

With all of this, I have restarted some bad behaviors which I thought I was done with. I have also become extremely sluggish, almost never waking up any where near the time I set my alarm for…

How do I break out of this cycle?

I feel so unhealthy and unhappy and I’m not quite sure what to do…

Thanks in avance

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

The first thing I would say is that a support system is really important. Surrounding yourself with good people who are supportive, kind positive, etc is (In my opinion) crucial. Maybe a support group or something group oriented may help. Secondly, finding something you enjoy (maybe a skill, a hobby etc) and using it as a healthy outlet/managing tool. For example, painting, ceramics origami, and other art forms, baking, journaling, music, songwriting, and the list goes on. These are also ways to express and let out emotions and feelings in a healthy relaxed manner.
    Regarding getting healthier, (again, in my opinion) it’s all about small steps and achievable goals on your level. One small step at a time. Each week you can make one small reachable goal for yourself to achieve by the end of the week, working towards a healthier and happier lifestyle. (Another thing is, about the alarm clock- maybe setting it to 15-20 minutes before you have to get up, (or however much earlier you need), so that you have that extra time to relax, while also then getting up at the actual time you need/want to).
    Regarding the negative thinking, surrounding yourself with positive people may help. Additionally, any time a negative thought comes to mind, you can try reversing it by thinking/saying an honest postive affirmation that disproves/counteracts the negative thought process.
    Lastly, stay strong! Never give up! Things can and do get better.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

First of all, the fact that you are aware is amazing and then on top of that your reaching out for help! So give yourself credit for that!!!
    I would suggest start making a big deal out of the small things that you DO do. Give yourself credit for the things that are hard for YOU even if they aren’t hard for others. Give yourself as much love and time as you need, because at the end of the day, you ALWAYS have you.
    I’m rooting for you!!!
    ❤️❤️🫂🫂

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Self compassion
    Obviously you are going through something now, even if it’s old stuff being brought up, your nervous system is responding with dorsal shutdown. Anything could have triggered it. That’s normal, love yourself through it, and ask yourself what sort of support you need right now (therapy, friends, love language, journaling, saying no, etc.) Just ride the wave with self compassion and if you take care of yourself by identifying your need and obtaining it, it will pass

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

First make a gratitude practice 3times a day. Do something u love each day. Have fun and laugh a little bit even if life is rough.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Idk how u can really fix it but what’s important is that it doesn’t get worse and that u don’t get in more pain because of it. One thing that’s really important is have fun even if ur really not down for it. Even if ur not feeling it, make sure to do things that u enjoy, it’ll help more than you think. Also try hanging out more with the ppl u love and respect. Good luck

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Accept your negative thoughts. It is ok to feel down, that’s how the world was created, some shiny days some clouded days, once you accept it and don’t try to fight it, you will have an easier getting out of it “at the right time”

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

Helping others can help yourself feel satisfied and confident.
    Put in a little effort to make others happy by smiling, listening or say a good word.
    After doing few days you will see results and feel satisfied.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Hi Justkeepswimming,

It sounds like you are experiencing grief. Grief comes in all forms. It doesn’t have to be a negative event. You could have recently moved into a mansion, and you are now grieving your old patterns, old friends, route to work. I agree with the suggests  noted before. I would add journaling. In other words “Follow the fruit to the root”. Sit down and figure out what’s making you sad. Write about it. Say everything that comes to mind. Whether it is reality or not. Emotions don’t live in a tangible world. They have their own dimensions. So write! Eventually you will unravel the ball of yarn. Things will become straight again.  And if they don’t look for a therapist. We can be a good resource…LOL

My specialty is Grief, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD due to childhood trauma/sexual abuse.

I bless you and pray all will reveal itself quickly,

Beverly,

TheHeartofWhatMatters.com

Hi justkeepswimming,

First off, I love your username, great reference!

Being in a place we don’t want to be is hard enough, and then when we resume behaviors that we know are not good for us, it’s that much harder.

I would echo what some people have mentioned which is to get an inner circle of support with friends, family, therapy, mentors, and/or support groups.

I would also make a distinction between things you feel you need to do because you know ultimately they are good for you (like waking up when your alarm goes off) and things you actually want to do, that feel good to do, and they happen to be good for you.  When we are in a rut it can feel nearly impossible to get ourselves out with a focus on things we should be doing or need to do.  Ironically, when we immerse ourselves in things that bring us joy, calm, balance, and serenity, we create the space that can actually fuel our ability to do the things we need to do.

Profile Photo
    justkeepswimming
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the love and responses!

BH am doing much better! Started by adding some more special things to my day, accepting myself in my situation with love, journaling, and got a gym membership and now go daily!!

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!