skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Emotionalsafta
    Participant

I have a inner who takes on my daddy’s role and punishes me when I talk to my therapist about what happened when I was a child. I don’t know how to prevent it from happening in the middle of the night when I’m not aware of it

Hello EmotionalSafta,

Your post tells me that you are controlling the self harm during the day when you are aware of your surroundings. If this is correct, than I believe that you are able to set in place some protective measures when you are a sleep. Depending on the form of self harm you may have to try different tactics, but since you are asleep try to think practical prevention. For example, a thumb sucker who is trying to break that habit may have an easier time during the day when they are awake. However at night, they may need to put pepper-flavored polish on their nails, or wear gloves. The same sort of tactics can work for self harming.

Additionally, I would take some time in therapy to explore the punitive inner voice. Understanding this voice a bit more and/or developing a compassionate parallel may help lower the urge to self harm.

I hope you find this helpful and are successful in your journey ahead,

Chaya Rochel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!