skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    pretty36
    Participant

Going for therapy but feeling awful in between  sessions having hard time I’m in  bed all day crying non stop plus medication not helping by now I’m ready to give up I’m feeling helpless

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Wow, this seems so incredibly hard, and I really feel for you, @pretty36.

I’m not a professional, but I do want to offer you some support and validate your feelings.

I don’t know much from your post, but perhaps you’re doing really hard work, like trauma work, that’s eliciting all these painful feelings? Or, it could be that “regular” therapy is very draining and it’s taking a toll on you.

Have you discussed this with your therapist and psychiatrist? Perhaps you need to get used to the meds you’re on, or you need to adjust them…

In terms of coping skills (because you said you’re crying all day), can you allow yourself some space to cry, but not to an excessive amount? Again, I don’t know the specifics of your situation, but I have a very hard time allowing myself just to feel whatever I’m feeling and just let it be. And that’s particularly hard when I’m crying a lot, because it feels like I “shouldn’t” be.

What about listening to soft, soothing music from Youtube, journaling your feelings without judgement, and doing tiny baby steps to distract yourself?

I just want to also tell you that you are NOT helpless. Right now, you are probably very overwhelmed, and that’s okay – – it really is. But after using some coping skills to calm down, you will see that you are NOT helpless. And if the coping skills don’t work, you’re still not helpless. Give yourself space and validate your experience. I find that when I do that, I feel a little better.

I hope that this helps you even a little. Keep Strong!!

Profile Photo
    pretty36
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi chavy wowow have no words it feels like I’m the only one that suffers soo much but as I look around I see other people also go threw such hell regarding meds my therapist claims I go up with the mg she can’t do real work with me but I’m suffering so my outlet is my bed

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi!

Yes, many other people are suffering so much! I am personally suffering a lot from OCD now 🙁

Profile Photo
    Openminded
    Participant

i could feel your pain i have that also its very emotionally draining therapy buf i feel like in the long run it will be worth pain may hashem give you the strength to keep going

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!