skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile Photo
    TTBB
    Participant

Hi. I have a 9 year old son who has developed a strong anxiety for health related issues. Is this a long term issue that needs intervention now or is this a short term issue that will pass? Any quick, light tips on how to help him not worry so much – especially at bed time? Thanks!

Profile Photo
    humanbeing21
    Participant

Childhood anxiety often does dissipate but you may want to get a professional opinion. Make sure to validate his fears (that doesn’t mean agree that the fears are real but merely that you can empathize with the fact that he is having the fears). Some relaxation and a fun activity before bedtime can be beneficial. 2 books he can read that may be helpful are:

1. What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Anxiety (What to Do Guides for Kids)
    2. Wilma Jean the Worry Machine

Profile Photo
    TTBB
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thanks! We just started the “What to do when you worry too much book.” I am hoping that this will help him.

Profile Photo
    RochelAlbert
    Participant

Hello, I offer quantum biofeedback over the phone that has nearly miraculous results. the device is able to read the energy field and re-pattern and remove the anxiety and all stressors that are over whelming your child’s mind. The child does not even need to know. It works for behavior modification, anger, trauma, stress, and rage.
    Testimonials are available upon request.
    You can find me miamibiofeedbackfl.net
    305-305-3333

Also you can suggest that your child sits Indian-style on the floor. Just like Moshe reached up to the sky and grabbed the darkness to bring a plague to Egypt, we too can reach up, out of our energy field to the sky and pull the healing light from the sky into our palms. Put your hands into the sky like a V, and wait until you feel the healing energy pour into your palms (about a minute or less). While holding that light, bring your palms together about a foot apart, and then scoop that healing energy into your energy field, and place it into your heart, melting any anger or fear. do this until the anxiety subsides. 🙂

Profile Photo
    humanbeing21
    Participant

Ms. Albert,

I’m sure you mean well and my apologies in advance for taking you to task but I feel your post has left me no choice but to challenge what you have stated, for the benefit of the klal.

1. This website is set up for people struggling with mental illness and other issues to receive support, guidance and feedback. Advertising your services is entirely inappropriate and to me, not aligned with the values that are being promoted here. If the admin team is reading this, I strongly suggest they incorporate a policy with regard to this matter.

2. There is no such thing that exists that is “miraculous”- other than from G-D. Using terminology like “miraculous” only invites those desperate for relief from their pain to spend money and efforts chasing the “magic pill” and leads them further away from receiving actual help. I have no idea as to the veracity of the claims of biofeedback machines but I’m pretty sure there is no sound empirical data which looks into whether “energy” can pass through a phone. If there are indeed such studies, please make them available

3. Irrespective of my previous two points, I visited your website and LinkedIn page and noticed that there is no evidence of you having any license to practice as a mental health or medical clinician. As anxiety is a mental illness, which you claim to be able to heal, along with the other mental and physical ailments you mention, if you are indeed unlicensed to diagnose and treat these conditions, your practice is unethical and most importantly, illegal. If you are indeed a licensed clinician in the state of Florida or elsewhere, I will retract what I have written and ask the admin team to remove my post- until then I am compelled to protect those who are more vulnerable.

@RochelAlbert while we appreciate all efforts to provide support on this forum, it is not the place for self promotion. The values and purpose of this site are in line with what @humanbeing21 shared above. Thank you humanbeing21 for taking the time to address this.

Profile Photo
    humanbeing21
    Participant

Rachel, thank you for addressing the matter of self-promotion.

While you did not address the other issues with the post – I understand you may not want to censor others but in this case- the claims made by the poster are dangerous and not in line with any established field or scientific discipline.

The developer of the original model of “quantum biofeedback” (called the EPFX), a man by the name of William Nelson, made extraordinary claims about his life. He said he worked as a contractor for NASA, helping to save the troubled Apollo 13 mission as a teenager. He boasts that he was an alternate member of the 1968 U.S. Olympic gymnastics team. He says he has eight doctorates, including degrees in medicine and law. He also stated that G-D told him to rewrite “molecular biology.”

None of it checks out. NASA has no record of his employment; he was not an Olympic athlete, and his “degrees” came from unaccredited schools and mail-order businesses. I can’t verify whether or not G-D asked of him what he claimed.

He was indicted on fraud counts and then fled to Hungary, where he now lives as a woman named Desiré Dubounet. I wish this was all a joke but unfortunately the only outrageous parts of the story are the claims (s)he and those who continue to market and sell this type of product. Any improvement seen by clients are viewed as due to placebo and are generally short term.

Have a good Shabbos…

@humanbeing21 – I may have been somewhat vague in my previous response-apologies. I wanted to clarify that I supported points 1 and 2 you shared. The additional background info on your last post is also appreciated – Thank you for sharing!

Although there is ongoing censoring, this is an open forum. It is the consumer/member responsibility to research and evaluate the validity and credibility regarding all responses – including alternative healing methods – as well as the credentials of the author of any post.

Profile Photo
    Chany
    Participant

Thanks! We just started the “What to do when you worry too much book.” I am hoping that this will help him.

Never tried the worry machine, but have tried the what to do when you worry too much. If you read it with child consistently it helps in my experience. I may try the worry machine thanks @humanbeing21

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!