skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    annonymous
    Participant

Hi,

Did anyone ever have a therapist repeating a conversation that felt like it was already settled but when the therapist heard good news from that conversation she felt like she needed to share how she felt towards the session?

I had that recently that we were talking about the election and that she was nervous about the president who might win and meanwhile the one that she wanted to win ended up winning.

When she came on to the zoom session she wanted to make sure that I felt comfortable since she was thinking about how awkward the session was the week before.

I feel like she wanted me to express that the president she wanted to win won and that I know what’s going on.

I am not sure what to take out of what she was trying to do.

I have had a similar experience in the past. My best advice would be to talk to your therapist about how the incident made you feel! That way, the uncomfortable feelings aren’t bottled up and hopefully won’t affect your relationship and/or future sessions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!