skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

I’m feeling very nervous about going back to therapy after a long break. (A part of me doesn’t want to go back) How do I go back after a long break and what can I do about the nervousness?

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi @Hope,

Can you journal your feelings and see why you’re nervous – what is it about going back to therapy is making you nervous?

About the nervousness, I would say to accept it, meaning, not to fight the nervousness and allow it to be there even if it’s uncomfortable. Basically, to acknowledge it and let it be. I also think that journaling can help with the nervousness. You can also plan to share your feelings with your therapist and explore it. Or you can write it out for your therapist if that’s easier.

Hatzlacha!!

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi Chavy,

Thank you for the idea to journal why I’m nervous. I journaled and now I know exactly why I’m nervous. I’m thinking to maybe show my therapist what I wrote so she knows what I’m nervous about.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14866:

Wow!! That’s amazing! I’m so happy for you.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

I think that would be a great idea to show it to your therapist.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Ya I’m thinking I will. Do you think I should send it to her before our session or bring it into session? Not sure what to do…

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14869:

Hmm. I’m not sure either. Maybe make a pros and cons list for each and see which one makes the most sense.

Do you know if she’ll read it before your session? Even if she does read it before your session, I think she’ll want to go over it during the session.

Or, maybe you can send it saying that you would like her to read it and talk about it in session, so she has a heads up, but it really depends on what you feel is best and makes sense.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thanks, I’ll think about what I want to do.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14871:

No problem! Hatzlacha!

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

How did it go?

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

It went well bh. I was still nervous, but I showed her my journal about what I’m nervous about.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #14910:

So happy to hear!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!