skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant

Hi,

I always wonder what is the gift giving protocol for therapists. Like I want to express my appreciation, but is it over stepping boundaries?

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant
    Topic Author

I was so excited to see that you chose to answer my question!! 🙂 thanks so much Fay and Michali! At first I was a little surprised to hear your positive reaction to gift giving, but I love how you gave guidelines, included the five love languages, and how you explained the subject! thanks for your response!

Do you think this is a general answer, or some therapists may have policies against it? like is it something I should ask my therapist?

Profile Photo
    Suave
    Admin

Perhaps a gourmet popcorn gift from Popinsanity would be cool.
    “Hey doc, just popping in with some more insanity

Use coupon code OKCLARITY for 10% off your order

Hey ec, this is one of those topics that has no absolute rule, but some general guidelines are helpful.

Most therapists (I assume) would be taken aback by something extravagant, which can vary from client to client based on their individual circumstances.

Many, not all, are usually ok with small tokens of appreciation – especially if it is a value of the client’s i.e. someone who sends gifts to everyone at holiday time or includes the therapist with while buying gifts for their children’s teachers and helpers etc. or at termination etc.

What may be a red flag is something out of the blue, something super expensive or something that crosses a boundary of sorts.

Hope this is helpful, happy gifting!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!