skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by: Chavy

I’m a big procrastinator and just keep pushing off things i need to do, though everything does get done eventually. For example, I told myself that I’m going to do an assignment at X time which didn’t get done yet. Does anyone feel/experience the same or similar feelings?
    Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

The following post has been transferred from a previous version of the forum @ okclarity.com

Originally posted by:Fay

Hey Chavy, Thanks for posting in this category. We are working on innovating the system and hopefully in the coming weeks there will be a category that supports these issues, as this is precisely what this forum is for.

Procrastination is a real struggle and you are not alone. While I don’t personally struggle with this (I have my own hang ups I can assure you :)) I know of many people who do.
    What helps some doesn’t aways work for others. In speaking with a colleague who specializes in this area they shared 2 ideas that work for many people.
    1) Breaking the task down into micro steps or bite size pieces and rewarding oneself for the completion of each step.
    2) Pairing the dreaded task with a positive activity so the association becomes postive and you have an easier time getting started. e.g. cleaning your closet with your favorite music on.

Another one of my own ideas that I personally use when feeling overwhelmed with a task is what I like to call a 30 minute plunge. I set a timer for 30 minutes, put away all distractions and see how far i can go in the dreaded activity. Once the timer rings you must stop and do a more enjoyable activity or reward yourself in small way. Why this works? 30 minutes is tolerable (you can do less if it feels like too much) and once you accomplish the 30 minutes you feel pretty good about yourself aka “built mastery”. You also learn to trust yourself that you can focus, accomplish, and then stop when you decided you would. Like this, you’re more likley to be willing to try the activity again since you know you won’t get stuck on it forever. It’s quite similar to item 1 above just with a twist. Best of luck, fay

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

Originally posted by:Chavy

Thank you for your suggestions! I do try to break tasks down which helps sometimes. I also like your idea of pairing a dreaded task with music of something of that sort and a time frame of 30 minutes. I feel like 30 minutes is a fair amount of time and tolerable.
    Thank you again!

Profile Photo
    Fay Brezel
    Admin
    Topic Author

Originally posted by:Fay

awesome! pleasure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!