skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile Photo
    snowpea2
    Participant

Hi, struggling to deal with my feelings being hurt. Someone got upset at me. When I walked away….they, followed me and told me that i cant be upset.  when i said i cant talk now while i was crying continued to do so and said a lot of hurtful things to me…

Obviously its clear that she got triggered and was not a normal reaction…

But my question its hard for me to do the things i need to do. I’m trying to accept my feelings but i dont really have patience for anything and it is a little bit making me just want to shut down,. Which I’m proud that I’m not…so wanting some tips of what to do when feelings hurt?

Hi Snowpea2,

I can’t offer tips on how to handle hurt as that is out of my field of expertise, but I did want to offer support. You seemed to handle this interaction with a lot of wisdom and were able to recognize that what the other person did was out of bounds.
    I will share a thought that I can use a reminder of myself. I have often found it helpful when in a situation like this  to focus on how sad it is that the other person lost control like that and behaved in that way. When you view it as a weakness or a disability on their part it can lessen the sting.

Good Luck!

Devora Malka Goldstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!