skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant

I feel so down about life. There’s so much going on in my life that I can’t handle. It’s too much and nobody understands. What is the point of living when one has so much pain and suffering? How does someone have peace of mind and soul when the people you live with are dysfunctional? What am I supposed to do? Life is not fair.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

Hi @Hope,

I so feel for you!! Life is not easy and very unfair. I also feel that way and end up crying to Hashem and asking Him to help me. Like, why am I struggling so much, I would tell/ask Hashem. Like, it’s enough!

I also like to listen to music that’s soothing. But a lot of times, I end up just sitting on my bed, frozen with worry and all my what-if thoughts.
    I hope that helps and gives you some validation and hope.

Just thinking… the fact that your “name” is hope, really shows that deep down you can do it even though it’s so hard.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you for the validation Chavy.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you Michali and Fay for answering/ discussing my question!

I want to start by saying I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain.

I totally totally agree that life is grossly unfair. I actually had a break down last night over that fact. It taught me that sometimes you just need to let those emotions out and to acknowledge them because they’re uncomfortable but real. And two that you have a choice you can chose to focus on the fact that life is so unfair and hard or you can chose to make the best life for yourself you can. I’m really trying to focus on making myself feel moments of happiness. For me a big thing is exercise and listening to music while doing so. Another thing is driving which I started lessons so I can become more confident and get over that anxiety. A really amazing thing I started was getting involved in Chai Lifeline. Giving to others and making them feel special does amazing things for one’s mood.

It’s important to sit with feelings but then to get your mind off it and find little things to do that make you feel more at peace. You need to love yourself enough to help yourself and do what you can to put yourself in an ever so slightly better place.

Wishing you much success and goodness!

Profile Photo
    iamafighter15
    Participant

@hope that sounds so painful and confusing and lonely!!!

I’m sending you hugs and really hope that things get easier for you. They will. Sooner than you think!!

In the meantime, see if you can take it easy and be kind to yourself whenever you have a chance. For me that helped every time. I think that without realizing we put ourselves down all the time. But if you can stop that cycle once you’re on the way out!!

Good luck!!

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to PhilosophicalTzadik's post #13186:

thank you for your message. It really helps me.

Profile Photo
    Hope
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to iamafighter15's post #13197:

Thank you @iamafightet15! Your message gives me hope.

Profile Photo
    iamafighter15
    Participant

In response to Hope's post #13211:

I’m happy!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!