skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    annonymous
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Although, Chanukah is meant to be a happy time where we are meant to be happiness…

I find that this year is different. Due to Covid-19 there is so much change. I am feeling lonely, I am having a hard time with this whole uncertainty.

I feel like the only people who are there for me are my therapists.

I need a lot of support right now.

Anyone have any good ideas of what I can do.

Profile Photo
    moshe
    Participant

everyone is feeling lonely this year because usually Chanukah is time for family and friends and that’s off the table. everyone is in this together. u have my support.

It’s true that this year is different and not as joyous as it has been in the past. However, the story of Hanukkah is an example of persevering through hard times. This too shall pass. In the meantime, we are here for you at OKclarity.

Profile Photo
    Chavy
    Participant

I’m really sorry you’re feeling so lonely. I’ve been there before many many times and it still creeps in on me. I think that it’s important to remember that a) it is temporary; it will not last forever (even if it feels like it will), and b) that it doesn’t define you or who you are. Yes, the lonely feelings may feel super super intense, but you’re stronger than them and can show yourself that you are. I used to feel that my loneliness is killing me. But after experiencing it many times, I learned to tell myself that the wave and intensity will pass. I will not feel this bad forever.

Also, it’s important that you find meaningful distractions to help take the edge off the intensity – just a bit.

And most important of all, you are not alone. We are here for you 🙂

Hi anonymous,

I don’t think you are alone in feeling alone.  This pandemic is extremely in every sense of the word isolating.

Some suggestions might be to join a virtual class – whether it’s learning something new or developing skills or a hobby – so that you can get to meet new people and socialize.  New friendships take time to develop but even while time is taking time getting to know people can serve as a good distraction and something to keep busy with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!