skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile Photo
    malkyknob
    Participant

Hi

I am a 27 year old female, who is the oldest in the family. How do I deal with my 22 year old brother getting engaged while I am still single?

View the response from OKclarity Founder & CEO, Fay Brezel and Michali Friedman, LCSW.

Profile Photo
    Climber
    Participant

Appreciated the piece about not adapting emotions that are expected of us, if we don’t actually feel that way… Thank you!

In response to Climber's post #12515:

Thank you for your feedback. So glad you found it helpful.

Profile Photo
    ec00
    Participant

Hi, I love these insights! about adapting the emotions, when I was in a similar situation, I  got advice that I should not let someone else “tell my story.” Meaning if  let’s say in “my story” I am overwhelmed, but happy. I shouldn’t let people come over to me and say “aw this must be impossible for you” and then take on those feeling, and say hey I guess this is impossible for me. or for me to feel “nebach” (pitiful) cuz someone else tells me I should feel that way.

Know what you feel and what you don’t feel, cuz then as you said, Fay, you can work on what you actually feel!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!