skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Can I reframe this? Is it ‘normal’ to be in so much pain, know that there is a solution, and resist it?

Your Father has provided the tools that they didn’t have 300 years ago.

As men, we sometimes find it hard to ask for direction, when in fact it’s a strength and it’s admirable!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hashem created the world with a balance!
    So if you are so connected and you are able to cry! Amazing, BUT what’s on the flip side? You have such an intense feeling towards hashem the flip side may be; big challenges might also feel intense! Lucky you are able to accept the fact that hashem is listening you out, but hashem also has his sheluchim, you should just be zocheh to find and connect to the right one! Broches lerov! May you be zocheh always to ‘feel’ you can connect & turn to hashem,

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

You have a few points here which are all important. 1- Although therapy as a ‘thing’ is relatively recent, the idea of speaking to someone else to sort through challenges has been around pretty much forever. Hashem built into our nature that sharing your struggles with someone non-judgmental helps. Getting perspective helps. 2- I think it’s amazing that you feel such a strong relationship with Hashem. That relationship can be a source of strength for you. It’s not one way, either. Hashem gives you the tools you need in order to work through things in the way that you’re ready to. If you decide to, a therapist can be one of those tools. When we do well with clients, it’s because we’re His shluchim. 3- From what I’ve seen, many times questions of hashkafa are rooted in emotions. What are your feelings about going to a therapist? Is it scary? Is change scary? Does the idea of going to a therapist feel in some way as if it’s working against that relationship you have with Hashem? Does it feel in some way safer to rely on your relationship instead of on other people? What might it mean to you to go to therapy in terms of your relationship with Hashem? This is food for thought. All the best,

Yeshaya Kraus, LCSW

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11034:

I strongly disagree with this. We are often not in control of our minds or feelings. They can weigh us down even if we don’t want them to. That’s where therapy can be helpful. I look at the mind as a limb. If we exercise it in the right way, we can learn to use it properly and make it stronger. Just assuming that we can do things that require specific strength or control could be dangerous.

-Yeshaya Kraus, LCSW

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11057:

I’m not. Just someone who’s done a lot of therapy :).

If the fellow wants to talk to another man who has been in therapy, I’d be glad to talk

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

hope you’ll understand what I wanne bring out here; please refraise it;
    As is written about 100/200 year’s ago, people where much more connected with rabbis, rebetzens, for guidance, people used to ask hadroche, and get advice from there rov much much more, in ancient times everyone was connected to someone bigger and better, now I think we lost that connection…

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Shlomoh Hamelech said it ‏דאגה בלב איש ישיחנה

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

From the wording of this, it sounds like you already know that therapy is the best course of action for you but you are hesitant for some reason. I would explore that first with your therapist. Change can be scary, opening up to someone and being vulnerable with them can be difficult, trying something new can be uncomfortable and of course the process of therapy can bring to the surface some intense feelings. At the other end of all that you’ll hopefully come out a more self aware, well adjusted, and happier person. This will only aid you in your relationship with Hashem. Additionally, the therapist might recommend to see a psychiatrist as well who can prescribe some medication. Crying so often can be a sign of depression. Getting help means that you no longer have to carry all that by yourself. Medication and therapy can help you become more receptive to improving and will help you internalize the things that you might believe but can’t seem to put into practice. Best of luck

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I’ll give my input based on my over 10 years self experience I hope it will help you too.
    It is normal and the רצון ה to go to a therapist when u feel you need it. But… there has to be your own רצון for change too.
    Especially when u say that u struggle a lot
    Emotional health self care is just like physical health care it does not heal by it self or by crying to Hashem if there is something in there to heal then u need to go a emotional doctor which is a therapist that fits for your situation and need and what u say about 200 years ago we are living today and not 200 years ago r’ yakov mier schechter shlita says that what we say every day בורא רפואות applies to today’s new emotional health help out there thats its a new Refuah hashem created and gifted us in recent years. You should be honest and true to your self about how you feel, if you feel u need emotional help then be sure it won’t heal by it self but can only heal true your self , trust your feelings and take it from there. If you feel you need help to feel emotionally better I encourage you to go and take the help why struggle when hashem was בורא רפואות for you ? Hatzlacha and good luck!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11051:

I agree with you about “it’s health to cry” , certainly not all the time but, being handed a tissue when you do cry can also be done by a good friend or the love in your life, can it not ?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11055:

Omg same! I was thinking that!!! Fay has such a fresh perspective on things, I would love to have a one on one!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Therapy is about so much more than crying and venting. It’s about learning new ways to hear and tell your story, learning to know yourself in ways you haven’t before, learning to have self compassion and let go of shame, the list goes on and on. Also therapy is boundaried

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Validation is key into recovery which atleast in the beginning is extremely difficult to do by yourself and therapist are usually trained in this.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I think you should go to a therapist NOW (if you can afford it)

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11055:

Totally agree ??

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!