skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant

I have a question. Is it normal not to go to any therapist even you feel you may need it? My point is that in these days it’s totally normal to go to a therapist, while 10-20 years ago was something absurd and abnormal. Imagine 100-200-300 years ago. Also, when I struggle with different things (and I’m struggling a lot) I try to cry to my father, Hashem. Most of the time I don’t get any answer but at least I feel calm that my dad, who is the almighty and loves me, is suffering with me and is hugging me at all times. Isn’t HE the best therapist? And I mean it from the heart and very honestly. The only thing that sometimes I’m doubting is that I cry a lot, I cry for nothing, lastly I’m very sensitive, and although it’s normal and it’s good to cry and it’s totally human, even as a man, it seems to me that I’m too sensitive, I’m crying a lot.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I think he’s got it right. Not everyone needs a therapist. Even if he thinks that maybe his behaviors aren’t normal, he may just be more emotionally inclined. Sensitivity, or even oversensitivity, isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If speaking directly to Hashem works for him and he doesn’t need an external shliach (because that’s what a therapist is honestly) then kol hakavod!!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

It sounds like you are a deeply feeling, sensitive person. People who are intense feel the world more beautifully, but they can also feel things more painfully.
    Nothing is as beautiful as an authentic and honest relationship with Hashem. Truly feeling loved by Him is an exquisitely magnificent thing.
    At the same time, a therapist can give you skills and strategies to manage your intense feelings. Give yourself the gift of therapy and then you will benefit from both. ?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

I believe you need to go to a Therpist in person, I believe that hashem is the BEST Therpist and FREE and available at ALL times however, you need to be realistic and even tho you may be on a very high madraga you still need to realize that you need therapy in the real world.. especially since you seem sensitive and seem like you struggle a lot ok daily basis.. you can think of it like this hashem is the BEST Therpist but Therpist in the real world is the realistic one, and at least they can talk back to you

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If it won’t hurt and can help then why not?!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11028:

Question is what does “working for him” mean

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

If you feel like your mental needs are being met by God being your “therapist” then you shouldn’t get a therapist. You get a therapist to help you with your mental health. If you feel you can deal with your needs on your own then go you! You can do this. If you feel your lacking something and need some outside extra help then you should get a therapist. I just want to say I admire and look up to you for your relationship with god. I wish I could wake up every morning and feel like I have a dad who’s looking out for me wherever I am. I feel that society nowadays expects everyone to be all tough, especially men, but there is nothing wrong with vulnerability. Tears are the sweat of the soul. I guess your soul is feeling and working all the time. You sound like such a special person, I feel that you can work this out. Just keep in mind that you got this and your problems are smaller then they seem.

Hope this helped!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

As long as you know that you are in charge of your emotions and you listen to it, take care of yourself, you’re fine.
    It’s all in the mind believe in yourself, believe in the future!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Wow! Love this thought shared here! I think thats the point we hope to get to with people in therapy or healing. Because all Human beings that are healthy are very sensitive!! Its a gift from Hashem. That we can feel for ourselves and others pain to daven to Hashem and talk to Him anytime… its great that Youre having the connection with Hashem Keep it up! It takes strength to do because theres the yetzer harah giving you the doubt and Help that mayb Youre not doing the right thing.. some food for thought, anyone want to comment ?

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Is it normal? Define normal. Common? Yes. I agree, no therapist can replace Gd! Hashem loves you and is here to help you when you daven. A therapist isn’t here to be a shoulder to cry on or to love you or to change your life for the better, they’re there to teach you skills, how to deal with things, how to see things from another perspective

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Such a beautiful question. Reaching out to Hashem is a wonderful thing to do. Going to a therapist isn’t instead of, it’s the hishtadlus. You can ask Hashem to help find the right therapist/guidance, respond to situations in a good way, help therapy be meaningful and successful, etc. Therapy doesn’t have to be a necessity but it can be something to look into if you feel it could be helpful. Talking to mentors or friends can also be helpful. I’ve had conversations with people in my life that were more helpful to my self development and healing than multiple therapists sessions. There’s no one size fits all and certainly nothing should (or can) replace our relationship with Hashem. Becoming a healthier person improves the relationship and therapy is one way for some, and not the only way, to do that.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

It’s normal to do you!
    But don’t not go because you’re still worried about stigmas.
    It’s like not going to a doctor and instead davening to hashem.
    Sometimes hishtadlus is going to a therapist (just like you would go to a doctor)

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Of course Hashem is the best therapist and father of all, but he wants us to take care of ourselves and do our hishtadlus. Instead of thinking of it as an absurd thing that wouldnt be done 10 to 20 yrs ago, think of it as an amazing thing that is done nowadays that has helped so many people! Therapy is like a doctor’s appointment. You go to the doctors to stay healthy in life, same with therapy. Hashem is always taking care of us, but He wants us to help ourselves and be healthy.

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

In response to WhatsAppers's post #11034:

??this gets me soo triggered. sounds like ur totally dont know anything abt mental health. In fact generational trauma can be found in a person’s DNA(latest study on holocaust survivors children). Most ppl suffering from mental illness wanna get over it but its usually stuck in their body. It’s like telling an addict or someone with eating disorder it’s all in ur head. I feel like ur saying , change ur mindset and no therapy needed. Plz try to be more sensitive to something u dont understand

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Profile Photo
    WhatsAppers
    Participant
    Topic Author

Hi, as some have pointed out, you seem to be a deep feeling and sensitive person, as a highly sensitive person myself, I just want to point out, that if you do decide to go to a therapist, make sure it’s someone who understands highly sensitive people, I think it could make all the difference. There are a lot of good therapists out there, but in my experience it’s important to find someone who understands this specific personality. Good luck!

-Anonymous WhatsApper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!