skip to Main Content
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile Photo
    batsheva86
    Participant

Growing up, I had a childhood full of traumas. There was hardly a dull moment.

As I go through my non-linear healing journey, I constantly grapple in my mind with this question

when I feel extremely sad, how do I know if it’s depression or simply justified sadness?

I get extremely hopeless very often and sometimes lose interest in things that once brought me joy, but it doesn’t last for a long time usually. It’s also very situational and doesn’t USUALLY come unexpectedly. But sometimes it does come when nothing particular is going too wrong. But not so often

I almost wish I had a diagnosis of depression just so that my deep sadness can feel more validated. Is this even normal?

Hi batsheva 86,

Are you seeing a therapist? This sounds like a great question for them. There are clinical markers that help diagnose depression, and a therapist can help assess your experiences in this way!

Best of luck!

Profile Photo
    batsheva86
    Participant
    Topic Author

Thank you so much OKclairty for the super insightful video on my question! Definitely helped me see things in a more healthy way of knowing that whether or not I have clinical depression, I have permission to feel however sad I feel.

and appreciated the ending piece w/ bringing in grey anatomy scence to give me permission to let all that grief out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Register now!